Glassdoor - Receptive Management and Supportive Team | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

"Receptive Management and Supportive Team"

Current Employee - Business Development/Marketing in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Business Development/Marketing in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's quite a few- let's see:

- Expectations are made very clear and there's an ongoing discussion about progress towards goals with a focus on solutions rather than setbacks
- I've rarely encountered any negativity; people are incredibly upbeat and encouraging
- People here work together with a common purpose and are happy to reach out for help or with it- just don't be afraid to ask
- Great transparency about the direction of the company and where your specific team fits into the larger picture
- Even though we are rapidly growing, the people here are always friendly and it feels like a tight-knit community
- The company makes a point to listen to how people feel about the culture here and makes adjustments accordingly
- Hey benefits. . . love these (although some commuter benefits would be nice too)
- No lies about the flexible work schedule; as long as the goals are being met, they don't mind how you get there (no micromanagement shows that they trust their employees enough to treat them like adults)
- Dog friendly office! Snacks!

Cons

Not quite as many here:
- Location is beautiful, but a bit of a trek from the city or the east bay
- Some positions seem to have more room for growth than others and it'd be nice to have more clarity on how to move around from within as well as learning opportunities for those of us interested in continuing in this industry

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad to hear Glassdoor's culture is working for you! Career growth is very important to us, both because it's the only way to keep talented people, but also because... More

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"Good changes are a-comin'!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$50M in growth for an international expansion - awesome
    48% of people NOW use Glassdoor in their job searching process - awesome
    Name recognition "Glassdoor" is skyrocketing - awesome
    Basically the company is growing like wild fire, which is..... awesome.

In addition, if feels SUPER good to be part of a company who's products actually work! Honestly, I feel 100% confident in selling Glassdoor products, because they have helped every employer I know. And it's great to work for a company where I can come into the office everyday (or work from home), and know that I am helping people everywhere find the jobs and companies they love.

Cons

With great growth, comes some pretty big changes. There's been some good and bad changes to the comp structure of the sales team. Things are getting better, but change is of course not easy.

Communication is also getting much harder across the organization, I'm not always aware what the product teams are working on, or what is coming down the pipeline. Also, finding the right person to speak with about x,y, or z may be hard if you're just starting out here. But at least with Glassdoor we maintain a small org feel, so there are still weekly huddles, and I still feel like I can walk into the CEO's office, and talk to him about anything. That's great.

Advice to Management

Great job across the board. Please continue to iron out the compensation plan for the sales team asap.

Thanks!

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback and review. I'm glad to hear the the new comp plan and sales model is working for you. The past three months have definitely seen quite a few changes as we have transitioned... More

"Inspiring to be part of a company that all job seekers love"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The #1 reason glassdoor is so great is because our mission is helping people everyone find the job they love. This is a big goal and will take many years to clearly become the best recruitment company in the world - so it's fun to have this exciting work ahead of us for years to come. In the short term - the pay is great & the culture is really fun - a strong IPO looks very probably given the history of our leadership and success of companies like TripAdvisor.

Cons

Typical startup issues - a lot of change but our senior leadership is good to guide us thru it all. Robert & Roop are amazing.

Advice to Management

I'm in sales - new products please :)