Glassdoor - All-around great employer | Glassdoor

"All-around great employer"

Current Employee - Data Management Associate in North Canton, OH
Current Employee - Data Management Associate in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive, friendly, intelligent co-workers who are helpful, respectful, and empathetic. Flexible schedule, can work from home several days a week, great work/life balance. It's a fast growing company offering a very useful resource with high standards for quality and quantity production. Interesting research projects which change all the time so it never gets boring! The working environment at the office is very fun and laid back--we are free to voice our opinions and suggestions anytime. We are constantly spoiled with free food and drinks :)

Cons

A lot of work to do - which is good job security, but I'm glad they're in the process of hiring a few more folks at the Ohio office to process the big data load (which means we are gaining a lot of popularity all over the world!) and maintain our high content moderation percentages.

Advice to Management

None. Management here is well aware of the fact that happy employees are loyal, productive employees!

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"Convenient and flexible work"

Current Employee - Data Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Data Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Glassdoor part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor treats its employees well in terms of benefits and schedule flexibility. Getting full insurance and paid days off for part time is pretty nice! I can adjust my schedule easily to fit with the rest of my life. I work from home and that has its positive and negative aspects, as any work-from-home job would. This is a company that's growing rapidly and the culture is very young and energized. My co-workers and managers are great

Cons

The data work gets very repetitive and sometimes it feels like I'm lost in a world of spreadsheets and internet data. It often comes down to speed and accuracy of processing, and it's hard to stay passionate about that. Working remotely makes it hard to feel very connected to the company. There's been a lot of reorganization and I've had several managers in the course of a couple years.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, don't lose track of the employees who have helped that growth happen. Keep the employee focus and keep it fun.

"Smart, easy going people all motivated and working toward the same goal."

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Sausalito, CA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are all smart and dedicated. Work / life balance is great. There is a good balance of working very hard but also having a life outside work.
    The Sausalito location is amazing -- Just minutes over the Golden Gate Bridge it an easy commute from the city, East Bay and of course Marin.
    Career opportunities are amazing. This company is growing and expanding and it's a great place to be!

Cons

Time management can be challenging. A lot happens on the fly and meeting start and end times don't stick to schedule.
    It can be difficult to get hired as the recruiting bar seems to be high, but once here it is great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Need to figure out how to retain this amazing culture while growing in size.

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback and review. Work/life balance is very important to us, as you point out. We believe fundamentally that for you to truly succeed in your work, you've got to have a healthy... More