Glassdoor - All-around great employer | Glassdoor

"All-around great employer"

Current Employee - Data Management Associate in North Canton, OH
Current Employee - Data Management Associate in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive, friendly, intelligent co-workers who are helpful, respectful, and empathetic. Flexible schedule, can work from home several days a week, great work/life balance. It's a fast growing company offering a very useful resource with high standards for quality and quantity production. Interesting research projects which change all the time so it never gets boring! The working environment at the office is very fun and laid back--we are free to voice our opinions and suggestions anytime. We are constantly spoiled with free food and drinks :)

Cons

A lot of work to do - which is good job security, but I'm glad they're in the process of hiring a few more folks at the Ohio office to process the big data load (which means we are gaining a lot of popularity all over the world!) and maintain our high content moderation percentages.

Advice to Management

None. Management here is well aware of the fact that happy employees are loyal, productive employees!

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"Smart, easy going people all motivated and working toward the same goal."

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Sausalito, CA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are all smart and dedicated. Work / life balance is great. There is a good balance of working very hard but also having a life outside work.
    The Sausalito location is amazing -- Just minutes over the Golden Gate Bridge it an easy commute from the city, East Bay and of course Marin.
    Career opportunities are amazing. This company is growing and expanding and it's a great place to be!

Cons

Time management can be challenging. A lot happens on the fly and meeting start and end times don't stick to schedule.
    It can be difficult to get hired as the recruiting bar seems to be high, but once here it is great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Need to figure out how to retain this amazing culture while growing in size.

Glassdoor Response

Apr 1, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback and review. Work/life balance is very important to us, as you point out. We believe fundamentally that for you to truly succeed in your work, you've got to have a healthy ... More

"Great career move"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The sales culture here is fantastic. Everyone is so supportive of our common goals. With a relatively newer company, the team is well invested in the future. We all care about the guy/girl next to us succeeding and it shows. The compensation is better than what I've received in the past and puts me on track to make great money. Everyone has fun working here from sales to legal to accounting to engineering. I felt very welcomed from day one and the on-boarding process is great for anyone looking to join Glassdoor.

Cons

A lot of things are still in process or in development. This goes with the territory in any company like this. The sales transition was messy in some cases. Not everyone got a good deal and some did genuinely get the short end of the stick. It was a very necessary change and some reps probably made way more money than they should have last year. This next year will really allow the cream to rise to the top per-se.

Advice to Management

First and foremost, fix the particular employee count issue everyone knows about ASAP. There's a lot of fixing to be done, but this should be high on the list. Second, let's tighten up our leadership and get this show on the road. Things haven't felt the same since transitioning everyone's roles.