Glassdoor - exciting growth with intelligent, engaged, dedicated people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

"exciting growth with intelligent, engaged, dedicated people"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great teamwork. the real, visible prospects of growth mean that we (i) are (am) motivated to give it my all at glassdoor. i am inspired to perform well, feel that my efforts are respected, appreciated, and noticed, and i would like to spend a significant chunk of my career here.

(or at least the next few years!)

the growth opportunities also means that the types of politics that are present in any work / office environment are not present here. what i mean is, sometimes in a place where morale is low, or opportunities are limited, you can see people turn on one another to get ahead, or simply to survive.

at glassdoor, that is not an issue, and so we can turn our efforts towards helping one another, growing together, and excelling together.

Cons

tight space as we wait for our new building to be completed. building permitting issues are slowing us down, and it makes for a little bit of stress.

also, this selling point for new hires is a bit farther away than it should be... i hear this should have happened in december 2013 of january 2014. its now mid march 2014, and i think we are looking at early summer?

not the fault of glassdoor management, perhaps, but once we do relocate (a few miles north), i see the morale (already high) jumping to all new levels of high.

Advice to Management

keep sight of the amazing people who brought you this far, and continue to listen to them. keep us involved, keep us engaged, and we will reward you with our loyalty, dedication, and talents.

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

1. "My experience at Glassdoor has been both challenging and rewarding; I have the chance to excel, lead and grow!"

Pros

Smart people doing good things with state-of-the art technology. Growing in a competitive space with the goal of dominating the space. Working in a beautiful location. Glassdoor is fun!

Cons

Commuting to a good job is still commuting. Having co-workers crammed into workstations because we're growing fast is challenging. Not having perfect alignment in management can create tension which doesn't need to exist.

Advice to Management

Make sure the people who are in management roles are the people who SHOULD be in those roles with those teams, or if there are other groups/teams they might manage to play to everyone's strengths.

2. "It's a great time to be a part of this company..."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is probably the first job I've had where I don't just consider it a place that I have to go every day to make money. I look forward to the people, the environment, and most of all the work itself. We're growing rapidly, and I feel like I got in at the right time to really make an impact and grow our business.

The transparency isn't just a gimmick. The senior leadership here understands what it takes to run an effective organization, and despite growing pains that are a part of any rapidly expanding company, they're still as open with us as any exec team possibly could be.

Cons

The biggest challenge at this point is going to be maintaining the company's culture as we on-board more and more people. As long as we stick to our core principles of transparency and inclusion, we should be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.