Glassdoor - right place at the right time.... the 5 stars are aligned | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

"right place at the right time.... the 5 stars are aligned"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

killer office in one of the most beautiful locations in the world (yes, if you live in the city, you have to drive over one of the 7 modern wonders of the world on your commute. Is that so bad for free lunch, gym, hiking trails, great people, great culture, and watching sea planes land while you work?).
Meritocracy. Put in good, hard, smart work and you will be rewarded. Sales leadership has worked toward creating opportunities for career growth & financial success across all levels. Promotions happen often & there is a constant focus on learning and development. Constant collaboration among reps is a beautiful thing.
Our mission is clear and we eat our own cooking. Everyone is focused on making Glassdoor the best place to help employers find the best talent and job seekers find jobs they love -- and we love where we work too.

Cons

Comp plans aren't always clear. With our growth plan, it can feel like there are hiring quotas. We're attracting amazing talent, but it seems some decisions are made in haste.
Be ready for and open to change - all the time.
Dogs in the office and an open floor plan can make for a crazy environment. A steep investment in noise canceling headphones is needed to maintain sanity on the sales floor (some of the dogs are awfully cute though).
It would be nice to see some more promotions & females in management/leadership.

Advice to Management

Lots of runway ahead. Living and breathing Glassdoor values will be crucial to maintaining culture through rapid growth. Be transparent, stay ethical and keep hiring incredibly talented people without egos. It might be time to think about an east coast office.

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"Wrong people running shop"

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The base pay and commission structure is great. If you're in the Sausalito office, the company does everything they can to help you succeed.

Cons

They should have a VP of Sales in place instead of letting marketing teach tenured sales reps how to sell.

Every training we were required to go to was pretty much a waste of time. No company wants to know how long you've been in business, how many awards you've won nor do they want to hear about tons of stats you've made up. They want to tell you their problems and hear how your product can solve them.

Marketing wants you to talk the clients' ear off. Stop. Your style does not work.

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is on the same page because you all look ridiculous when we're trying to get an answer for something and everyone tells you something different.

Too many people want their hands in the pot and no one knows what they're talking about.

Glassdoor Response

Jul 21, 2014 – SVP & General Manager, B2B

Thank you for the feedback. We are always looking to improve how we operate. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find our regular sales training sessions helpful toward achieving your sales goals... More

2. "Great"

Pros

The culture is very great. It is unlike a lot of other companies that I have come across.

Cons

It takes time to figure out what we might want to do.