Glassdoor - Passionate, respectful and proud | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Glassdoor

"Passionate, respectful and proud"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - QA Engineer in Sausalito, CA

Pros

First and foremost is the excitement of building something that will make a difference. In my career, it's generally been easy to be proud of the work I've done, but being proud of what my company does has been less common. The opportunity to take everything I've learned and apply it in a way that helps myself, my co-workers, and our site's visitors is nice -- being recognized and appreciated for the work I do is even better. The team is passionate and respectful, which is a perfect combination for a happy and productive work environment.

Cons

There are the standard pains of building a brand new functional product (and everything to support it) under an accelerated schedule, but the biggest downside is the location -- I miss being able to ride the train to work every day.

Advice to Management

There are many options for growth, including some we may not have considered yet. We have a strong team -- working together, I'm sure we can go in the right direction.

Aug 25, 2014 – Sales

Thank you for our first review!

Other Employee Reviews for Glassdoor

"Onboarding process is amazing"

Current Employee - Head of Channel Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head of Channel Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made to very welcome
    Team are really supportive
    management are really supportive
    Training both locally and Globally
    Everything set to go on day one

Cons

Time difference with helpdesk being in the States - a slight delay on getting IT issues fixed

Advice to Management

More EU help

Jan 6, 2017 – Chief Revenue Officer

This is great to hear and we appreciate the feedback! We have made several changes to the on-boarding process over the last year and we have more work to do but very glad to hear you had a positive ... More

"Burning up from inside"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

Colleagues are genuinely nice people and everybody makes a great effort to create a sense of belonging.

Cons

Work/life balance is out of control, due to excessive workload. This comes with the growth of the company as a whole, but it looks like a blind eye is being turned on too many instances where people are too stretched.
    Due to major changes across the organisation, a lot of time is required to follow up/understand/navigate internal processes and support, which takes already limited time away from core job
    The client success team in particular is struggling big time. Alarms were raised ​in the last few months, but for a company that pretends to be start-up, changes are slow to be felt. Things actually seem to be getting worse instead of better.
    Seemingly, there is a lot of politics happening at all levels in the company, which is taking effort & focus away from core job.

Advice to Management

Robert, make sure you keep everybody aligned and allocate budget where necessary. I understand that you want to balance spending against the rate at which we grow, but you're running employees in the ground by not providing the conditions they need to succeed.

Nov 15, 2016 – Vice President of Customer Success

I'm sorry you feel like the workload is excessive. I know how hard this team is working. The CSM/CEM job is both tough and critical. We are dedicating both time in developing additional tools that ... More