Glassdoor - Best Job I've Ever Had | Glassdoor

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Public Relations in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is truly doing something to make the world a better place and I'm honored to be contributing to the mission of helping people everywhere find jobs and companies they love. Aside from all the awesome perks like a gym, catered lunch, unlimited vacation and the ability to bring my dog every day, I just love being at Glassdoor. I'm consistently in awe of the good ideas, smart people and a lovable... culture we have here. One program I'm particularly impressed with is the extensive leadership training everyone goes through. It teaches us how to successfully communicate with one another. I've implemented learnings from this training in to other elements of my life and it's tremendously valuable.

Cons

The performance review process is wanting. After a performance review, regardless of whether or not it was positive, I always feel worse about my job. Compensation and titles are also a problem, based on recent new hires I know I would have a higher salary and title if I were recruited here recently or to a different team. There are two companies within Glassdoor: the B2C side (the darling) and the B2B side (the... one with a bit of a rude culture problem).

Advice to Management

Make sure that all members of the leadership team continue to respect the Glassdoor values. I believe this is the key to continuing to cultivate the tremendous culture we have here.

Glassdoor2014-11-19
  1. "Amazing mission, values, and people"

Former Contractor - Talent Acquisition Partner in Chicago, IL

I worked at Glassdoor for less than a year

Pros

Glassdoor offers a collaborative and inclusive working environment. From team to team, the people here care about one another and push each other to develop professionally and personally. I appreciated feeling like an equal part of the team even as a Contractor and am thankful for my time working at a company with such a positive culture!

Cons

Nothing negative comes to mind from my time working at the company.

Advice to Management

Keep leading with transparency - it is one of the things I admire most about the company!

Glassdoor2019-10-02

"4 years in and going strong"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Glassdoor is the favorite company I've worked for so far in my career. First and foremost, the company has an amazing company culture. People are really good to one another here. While people are smart and driven, they also care about making sure that everyone works together well. Glassdoor is also having a lot of success as a company. Like any early stage company there are ups and downs, but over the 4 years... I've been here I've seen revenue triple and the employee base grow by a similar amount. And I love Glassdoor's mission and that we are creating transparency for job seekers all around the world.

Cons

None really. It's worth saying that we have some big competitors (LinkedIn, Indeed) in our industry so you have to bring your A-game. But I believe in what we're doing and our results show we are having success.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on company culture even as we grow.

Glassdoor2019-04-29

Discover more reviews about Glassdoor.