Glazer's - Not the Same Company | Glassdoor

"Not the Same Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Glazer's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Informal atmosphere: job not as stressful or technical as most in this field; generally good managers

Cons

This is a private, family owned company. The new generation of owners came of age after the company was well established so they have no loyalty to the employees who helped build it. They also do not seem interested in being in the business so all they want is the money. Company control was taken from longtime loyal employees and handed over to an "investment banker" (actually a lawyer) and his associates from NYC. They immediately launched huge lay-offs which targeted older employees (but they hid it by bringing on tons of young people to work in the warehouses for a few weeks/months which they also let go) and started the usual steal from the poor give to the rich US business practices: stopped paying bonuses, froze salaries, combined job loads, etc. If you've come from a typical modern company then you won't notice. If you've come for what you heard about the old Glazer's: loyalty, good pay, caring management, etc. just go in knowing that era is over. It really is a shame.

Advice to Management

These guys have a record of stripping out companies or burning through the company's cash and then bailing once it's gone or they get board. Get your family business back while there is still something to take back.

Other Employee Reviews for Glazer's

"Used to be great......not so much these days"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Glazer's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have a lot of room to negotiate your schedule as needed. The coworkers I've had the pleasure of working with have been very helpful in seeing that you grow as a sales person.

Cons

Switched to a pay for performance program. If you hit 100 percent you make what you made the previous year. Goals are incredibly lofty and the ability to hit them is not obtainable without giving up a personnel life. Been with the company 5 years. Grown at least 10 percent every year. I've taken a 10000 dollar pay cut since my first year......Something doesn't add up. I'm not disgruntled, I just wouldn't trust them. I did and it cost me.

Advice to Management

You used to treat your employees like they mattered. What happened to that environment. Take a step back and remember who the life blood of this company is.

2. "Glazers"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Glazer's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great company, great culture, managers are alwasy trying to motivate

Cons

sales goals are often diffcult