Glidewell Laboratories - It had its ups and downs, but for the most part pretty good experience working there | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Glidewell Laboratories

"It had its ups and downs, but for the most part pretty good experience working there"

I worked at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, plenty of employee appreciation opportunities, paid training, diversity amongst employees

Cons

-If you are accepted as dental tech trainee Education department, you may get"tossed" from department to department meaning you will learn one thing for couple weeks and then be set up for an interview only to find out that position is already taken or no longer needed.
-At times, during "slow season" not enough work/hours may be available.
-Depending on department, there are constant changes you have to keep up with.
-Strict meal violation policy
-No part time positions
-A bit sexist as management likes to allocate certain jobs to certain genders

Advice to Management

Connect more with employees, as previous poster said, often times some of the managers/QCs (not all) feel as if they are "better than the rest of us" and therefore seem "distant" and hard to communicate with.

Other Employee Reviews for Glidewell Laboratories

"Promotes fear of management and obedience over intelligence and creativity"

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Glidewell makes products that are generally of good quality and that benefit humankind.

Cons

Bosses frequently reward obedience over intelligence and creativity -- even when intelligence and creativity will *definitely* lead to higher profits and benefits to the company. (Case in point: Though I am very embarrassed to submit this review anonymously, if I were to use my name or job title I worry that I would lose my job. My boss or his/her boss would figure out some way to get rid of me, even if it were for something trivial. This is not hypothetical; I have seen this happen.)

In another part of this review I gave Jim Glidewell a "disapprove" rating, and my "cons" require an explanation: It is only within the climate created under his leadership that poor managers are hired and retained, with no apparent interest in fostering a culture of creativity or genuine employee loyalty (i.e., not fear-based "loyalty"). Glidewell's culture is a "yes-man" culture -- that is, a culture in which management is uninterested in hearing new or differing views. If you speak your honest opinions, and if those opinions are different from those of your boss (even if those opinions are based on facts *and* would financially benefit the company), your boss may very well find some way to fire you or make your life so miserable that you will quit.

Advice to Management

(1) Listen to employees (including what you read here), but work to ensure that they will not be punished for telling you the truth, (2) Take courses in leadership, (3) Use 360-degree performance evaluation, (3) Add the following new lines to managers' performance evaluation forms: (a) Extent to which you have rewarded creativity in your subordinates, (b) Extent to which your subordinates value your opinion, (c) Extent to which subordinates fear you, (d) Extent to which you gave public credit to subordinates for their excellent work, and (e) How much time did you spend on *developing* your subordinates?

2. "A private dental laboratory that strives to achieve customer needs and ensure quality of dental products"

Pros

ability to change efficiently with different customer needs

Cons

High education should be a need for the company