Global Marketing Consultants - Learning to be the backbone of a corporation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Global Marketing Consultants

"Learning to be the backbone of a corporation"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Global Marketing Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young, high energy working environment great for recent college graduates looking to set foot in corporate America. The company provides everyone with in house training in all aspects of marketing that can be translated to any industry. Strong family feel with a competitive edge. Only promote managers from with in the company, so everyone starts at entry level and then progresses up the ladder. 100% Performance based promotional requirements with no grey areas. No seniority preferential treatment. Everyone has equal opportunity to growth with the company the moment they step foot through the doors.

Cons

It is a lot of intense work. The goals is to own your own company by building it from the ground up so in order to succeed you must dedicate a large amount time working hard. Its a very rigorous training program where you have to be strong minded enough to handle objections with an understanding that you must fail pick yourself up and start over to in order to succeed.

Advice to Management

The best way to progress quickly in this business is to be selfless. Its a people helping people business, so if you are able to put someone else's happiness and goals before yours you'll be more successful. The greatest leaders are those who help without looking for recognition or reciprocation - they just genuinely are interested in someone else's well being.

Other Employee Reviews for Global Marketing Consultants

"Fast and Fun Environment with Great People and Growth Opportunity...But Really Competitive!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Very goal oriented position with a lot of learning involved. Great group of people to work with and mentors to learn from.

A lot of room for personal and professional growth as well as the ability for financial freedom.

Growth opportunity is definitely there and the tools to achieve it are given to you through several different training techniques. You are cross trained in sales, marketing, training, human resources, how to handle finances and management.

High energy atmosphere.

Cons

Very fast paced environment! If you miss a day of work, it feels like a week because there is always a lot of training and teaching on a day to day basis, hence they are really not to keen about people calling out of work!
    Highly competitive!!!
     A lot of company events outside of work hours not mandatory but whenever I didn't attend, I felt like I miss out.

Advice to Management

Because of the expansions goals necessitated by the clients there is a lot of pressure to succeed. If there was a way to teach someone at their own pace that would be great. Also giving a heads up to someone just starting how high energy the office is as well as what the job requires would be nice so that people don't get overwhelmed.

I have enjoyed my time here because I am constantly learning a lot, I just wish it was less competitive because I don't really operate well in that type of a setting.

2. "AMAZING, TEAM-ORIENTED WORK ENVIRONMENT"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Global Marketing Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was initially hired by the company in the beginning of April, and was pretty taken aback at first. But I soon realized how much of a support system there was, and how organized the partners really were. I definitely see they put all their effort into developing everyone, and really no one gets left by the wayside.

Cons

I wish the office were a little bigger. There are plenty of people that work here, and a little bit of elbow room would be nice.

Advice to Management

You're doing a wonderful job, inspiring people to think ambitiously. I truly respect the devotion.