Global Sourcing Solutions (California) - seems cooler than it really is | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Global Sourcing Solutions (California)

"seems cooler than it really is"

Former Employee - Intern in Aliso Viejo, CA
Former Employee - Intern in Aliso Viejo, CA

Pros

They attempt to make the intern experience stimulating and fun. They provide free snacks, like cheetos, as compensation for the work you do. Every Friday of each week they have a seminar in which they explain an industry or some business know-how. The seminars from senior management was very good and informative.

Cons

I really tried to put my best foot forward and worked hard during the internship. But I was disappointed because all they really made me do was find suppliers, find out their prices and submit the lowest price to whomever assigned me to the task. This process was repetitive and took me several boring hours to complete. I feel they didn't really have a learning curriculum for the interns. Their intern model was just to make them do their busy work in return for cheetos.

Advice to Management

A more applicable learning curriculum.

Other Employee Reviews for Global Sourcing Solutions (California)

1. "Good, independent, hard working company"

I have been working at Global Sourcing Solutions (California) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- recognition for hard work, but you have to work hard!
    - interacting with many different countries
    - being taught/trained

Cons

- will have to do some overtime, (not a huge deal though) in order to work with other countries and office locations
    - company execs are constantly in and out of the office due to travel so communication can be tough sometimes

2. "Tightly run company with great opportunities if you seek them"

Pros

-A good and stable start as an entry-level job (or any other position for that matter), you are given independent tasks, but also able to ask questions/receive guidance whenever necessary
    -There are always constant opportunities to move up, however you must work hard to earn them and not sit back and meekly wait for things to happen.
    -Work environment/culture is heavily based on teamwork

Cons

-Work can sometimes feel monotonous, there are moments when the weeks fly by because it's so busy, and other times when it's not so quick.
    -Don't expect to simply come here to get a paycheck, you will have to always be attentive and at least enjoy what you do. That being said, you may not want to be a part of the company's overall focus in the long run.