Global Technology Associates - Meet great people by working for this Consultant firm | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Global Technology Associates

"Meet great people by working for this Consultant firm"

Current Employee - RF Field Engineer in Reston, VA
Current Employee - RF Field Engineer in Reston, VA

Pros

You will find great co-workers who respect each other .

Cons

Company Executives are going back and forth ,lurch and thrash on their decisions .

Advice to Management

Carefully and clearly understand the each and every of their employee's capabilities , invest on their potential and build a transparent environment among their workforce

Other Employee Reviews for Global Technology Associates

1. "RF Volte Field Engineer"

Pros

Great Company to make fast 1099 Money, also good about keeping you in your local market. Friendly Hr and Corporate managers

Cons

No per diems in the contract, The rental car service is only through Hertz limiting availability on the appropriate test vehicle.Other than that not too bad of a company to work for if you are into working into the AM hours while sitting all of those hours in a vehicle with a labor ready driver.

Advice to Management

Negotiate for a better contract for your employees. one that provides per diem, days off in certain peak times. maybe more consistency on a maintenance contract.

"A respectful, professional contracting firm"

I worked at Global Technology Associates full-time

Pros

The pay was decent and upper management were personable. There isn't much that stands out, but I rarely felt like I was being treated poorly or condescended to.

Cons

It is a contracting company, and as a result they aren't always totally informed about the projects they provide employees for. My direct supervisor would try to give guidance, but because he was in the dark about the actual work being done, it wasn't any use.

The criteria by which we were judged seemed poor. A few weeks into the assignment, our supervisor from GTA told us he was pleased that we were "asking fewer questions." We were still learning the job, and he incentivized us to wing it when we had a problem instead of asking for guidance.

Advice to Management

Reconsider the way you evaluate employees' performance. Request more information about the nature of the work so you can have the managing impact you seem to want.