"A preschool, not just English language instruction."

5.0
    Former Employee - Class Teacher in Ōsaka, Osaka

I worked at Global Village International Preschool full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good teamwork. There school and staff clearly care for the children and their education. Great benefits and a salary that is pretty competitive. Teachers stay on for multiple years, not a high turnover. Management try to be supportive and give ideas and ways to develop as a teacher. Reputation with families is pretty solid and the school really works with teachers when you need to tackle any issues. Solid curriculum and a set yearly calendar.

Cons

Sometimes, a new teacher may not gel with the other staff, as they are more focused on having a vacation in Japan and are not really invested. It can be a busy workplace, so when someone doesn't do their part, it can be frustrating. But generally everyone works well together. Planning time could be longer, but they try to give more when they can.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Teacher in Ōsaka, Osaka

I worked at Global Village International Preschool part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Colleagues are chill. The lesson plan is made for you.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Friendly staff and management, hard work at times, but rewarding"

4.0
    Former Employee - Class Teacher in Yamada, Osaka

I worked at Global Village International Preschool full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive coworkers and management. Higher than average wages. Good holidays including 3 weeks over the Winter holidays – good for getting home. Stay with on class for the year, so you really develop. a connection with the children and your teaching partner. Management were supportive when I had some things going on outside of work.

Cons

Can be hard work at times, as the days are busy. Some classroom guidelines were a little unclear, but I think this was because they were developing them and they wanted some flexibility for us to make the class our own.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Global Village International Preschool.