GlobalGiving - Best Internship Out There | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GlobalGiving

"Best Internship Out There"

Former Intern - Partner Services Intern in Washington, DC
Former Intern - Partner Services Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at GlobalGiving as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

even as an intern I was included in every meeting, opportunity for individual projects, great orientation process, everyone was willing to help us learn

Cons

a lot of work so we were always really busy - but also a good thing because I learned a ton

Advice to Management

I really loved working here and would highly recommend GlobalGiving both as a place to donate to small nonprofits, but also as an awesome work environment. please don't ever stop offering internships!

Other Employee Reviews for GlobalGiving

1. "Life-changing work--for you and the people you're working with"

Former Intern - Project Team Assistant in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Project Team Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at GlobalGiving as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

1) The happiest place I've ever worked
    2) Responsibilities are guided by deeper values that make work gratifying
    3) Incredibly smart group of people--eager to learn at every opportunity
    4) Management is open and flexible
    5) Great opportunities to network with other nonprofits & corporations
    6) You will make friends here

Cons

1) Office design is "open" (no walls). This speeds up communication and allows you to make friends more quickly. Some people prefer a set-up with more privacy and alone time. At GlobalGiving, these people work away from their desks when jobs require more focus.

2. "There's great purpose to your work and to your time. You are not shooting the breeze as an intern (or full-time staff)!"

Current Intern - Project Team Intern in Washington, DC
    Current Intern - Project Team Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at GlobalGiving as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My favorite things about GlobalGiving are numerous.
       - You are a member of the family, and you are an integral part of the team. This holds true no matter which pod you work in.
       - You constantly learn from other employees. They inspire you, help you think through things in different ways, and make you laugh. They are driven and brilliant.
       - You have freedom to design experiments or innovations to make the company better.
       - Values are lived to a tee: Always Open, Never Settle, Committed to WOW, and Listen, Act, Learn. Repeat.
       - Open office setup is so helpful, especially to encourage the learning environment, team emotions, and collaborative efforts.

Cons

Everyone has so much on their plate. You feel a bit bad asking of their time.
    There's too little time to innovate sometimes. You feel pressed to keep up with all your ongoing projects or responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Management is amazing with how open they are in asking and hearing and then acting on the heard feedback. Thank you for modeling that for me as an intern! Other advice would be to continue extending hands to interns right away for professional and personal development. It's great to sit next to you, and even better to have your ear briefly!