1. "Great overall company - the best PI company you'll ever find"

5.0
    Former Employee - Field Investigator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at GlobalOptions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

First, a little background on me. I'm been in the PI industry for about 13 years, and have worked for about 4 or 5 in that time. GlobalOptions - now CoventBridge Group (by FAR) is the best one out there. They operate in a very professional and above-board manner, treat their employees and clients well, have great overall working conditions, have great benefits, a flexible work schedule, and good to great overall managers. Please note that I'm not a "PR Mouthpeace" for this company, but a legitimate former employee (field investigator). At one point I was getting 4 weeks of vacation per year, could work from home, and had an excellent 401(k) and medical plan. This is generally unheard of in the industry, and if you're lucky enough to be hired by them you should stay. Don't make the mistake of thinking the "grass is greener" elsewhere (like I did). They also pay full hourly wages for travel (increasingly unheard of in the industry) - whereas many companies now pay zero, or minimum wage for travel.

Cons

Unfortunately, towards the end (and the primary reason I left) there was increasingly inconsistent workload. I could work 40-50 hours one week, then 10-15 the next. It wasn't always this way, and in the mid 2000s it was consistently steady work. I also believe that client service could have been improved. Example? It would sometimes take 2+ weeks for the client to receive the report (after it was turned in), which would often result in complaints or the perception of poor service (and probably the reason they lost a lot of work towards the end). I think the local managers were often overworked in reviewing reports, and it may have been better to have a staff of "report reviewers" do this work.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Investigator"

4.0

I worked at GlobalOptions full-time

Pros

Make your own hours Good management Caseload will take you to all different kinds of places to meet all different kinds of people

Cons

Work can dry up leaving and hourly employee struggling to get hours.

2. "Worst Employer in the Investigative Industry"

1.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Investigator in Memphis, TN

I worked at GlobalOptions full-time for more than a year

Pros

ZERO! NONE! NADA! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS COMPANY"S TREATMENT OF EMPLOYEES!!!

Cons

They buy out smaller competitors through leveraged acquisitions then will not provide full time work for full time employees obtained in the buyout

Discover more reviews about GlobalOptions.