GlobalTranz - It's been a great ride - in an upward direction! | Glassdoor

"It's been a great ride - in an upward direction!"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Detroit, ME

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am currently an independent agent of Globaltranz, and love the growth this company has assisted me in achieving. I was recruited by GTZ to make a transition over only a year ago, and it has been amazing. I had a small book of business I was able to transfer over from my previous employer, and was initially worried about losing many of the customers I grew to depend on, but was very pleased to find that didn't... matter. I now have larger clients, that produce more revenue and margins than I've ever had before! The technology Globlatranz provides to its agents and our clients is immaculate. The systems are easy to use, and everything you could ever want or need is all in one place. No more jumping around from software to software to pull reports, build loads, communicate with clients, etc. Even the LTL disputing process is easy to navigate when a re-bill occurs with a common carrier. Speaking of LTL, Globaltranz has the lowest FAK and CSP pricing I have seen around. I've also branched out into TL. Globaltranz has amazing people in their Agent Development department that will help you with everything you need, and a specialized Agent Operations team that help you cover your TL shipments, at incredibly low costs, if you need it. Ultimately, the technology, customer service, and room for growth, are just a few reasons to jump on board with this rapidly expanding enterprise.

Cons

As with any new venture, the transition process and learning curve can slow down your start if you don't stay on top of things. Globaltranz is there to help you all the way, but you have to put in the effort, because they won't just do everything for you. Because the company is growing at such an incredible speed, departments are ever changing and trying to keep up with demands, however, this may create response... time lags within accounting or invoicing, etc.

Advice to Management

The CEOs, VPs, Directors, etc. need to be aware of the consequences of their actions. Aside from the company being great on its own, the leaders tend to live their lives with carelessness and immaturity as young "frat guys" or as their own versions of the Wolf of Wallstreet. They must realize that when this is seen, it makes the company look bad, even though that may not be the case.

GlobalTranz2015-02-11
  1. "Amazing Workplace! Fun people. Beautiful office."

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for less than a year

Pros

My opinions are respected. I'm given additional responsibility and trusted to handle projects on my own. These are some of the most hardworking, dedicated and NICE people that I have worked with in my 30 year career.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this point.

GlobalTranz2019-07-30

GlobalTranz Response

September 9, 2019Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for your response and we’re happy to hear you enjoy working for GlobalTranz. It is our desire that every employee to have a positive experience working for us.

2. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time

Pros

Fun people and work environment

Cons

Job is very repetitive but you get out what you put in

GlobalTranz2019-10-15

Discover more reviews about GlobalTranz.