GlobalVision International, Inc - Challenging, but the people were great | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GlobalVision International, Inc

"Challenging, but the people were great"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Westborough, MA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Westborough, MA

Pros

The ownership and other employees are tremendous people. They are understanding of the balance between family and work lives. They are not "slave drivers" and they want you to succeed. Ownership/Management is proud to offer its clients a premium service and will not apologize for charging a premium for that (and I also felt the same as an employee). I truly could not speak any more highly of the President/Owner of GlobalVision. I am proud to have known him and I am thankful for the opportunity he gave me and hope to continue to have him and the others at the company in my life as my journey continues.

Cons

Because it is a small company, the positives that one has can also be negatives. Occasionally, I felt a bit disrespected by one person when I would make a human error (as we all do), but that was very infrequently. She was under a lot of pressure too so I understood it and let it go. Even though that occurred occasionally, I think she is a wonderful person too, so I tried not to let it bother me for long. One of the largest challenges was simply that the potential clients were typically non-decision makers contacting us looking for "unpaid consulting" or pricing without any commitment in exchange. And because of that, by the very nature of that interaction (even if some level of qualification was done), most prospective clients viewed translation as a commodity so they would generally buy from the cheapest quoted company. So even if some sales people felt the need to put a lot of quotes out there, the closing percentage was very small. That said, I take responsibility for my ultimate failure at GlobalVision. If you are a potential sales person looking to join GlobalVision or any company for that matter, don't ever blame the company. Ultimately the reason that you fail is because of you and nobody else! I don't believe that management could have changed the outcome of my closing ratio.

Advice to Management

The only few things that I would have suggested, management has already taken steps to address. The President of the company is a brilliant technical engineer and businessman, but I don't feel that sales was his forte'. I know that in past years, in a different economic time, he and the salespeople he had could make sales and it was almost easy to do so, but in a very competitive environment, it is a game of inches. I would always want to do role-playing, but he did not want to comfortably participate in that activity. Because he is very intelligent, I think he felt that when I would ask questions in a sales role (role-play), that it would be insulting to the potential client if I were to ask questions that he thought had obvious answers. I felt otherwise and it would frustrate both him and me. But I think that he knew that sales wasn't something that he should be managing and recognized that and delegated that to a sales manager. I gave him kudos for that. Aside from that, the only other thing that I might suggest is a slightly better internal mechanism for data entry and CRM. To add a new customer to the various databases and approve a project, it required a lot of redundant efforts. It was not a big deal, but the more places you need to re-enter data, the more opportunity for human error exists.

Other Employee Reviews for GlobalVision International, Inc

1. "Best In Class Translation Services Firm For High Tech"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Westborough, MA

Pros

Very high standard of service
    Chance to do anything to help the company
    Company is on the rise, has not peaked yet
    People are friendly, hardworking, loyal
    Management is honest, extremely responsive

Cons

Tools are somewhat limited given low operations budget
    Communication could be better
    Pay is low unless you can prove yourself
    Short patience by management

Advice to Management

Continue to hire well educated, motivated people
    Improve tools such as telecom infrastructure
    Improve communications
    Invest in the brand and value top-notch communications with prospects via website, marketing materials, etc.
    Be willing to invest in top vendor talent, as you are asking your clients to do that

2. "Professional, Humane and Very Ethical"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Pros

Very professional work environement where everyone is treated with respect and dignity
    Managers are straight shooters. No politics and no back stabbing.
    Excellent group of people to work with and learn from
    Clients are very important but they don't rule the company
    Focus on process, technology and people
    No red take
    Love the 3 weeks of vacation from year 1!

Cons

Smaller work environment with limited growth opportunities, but the challenge is always there
    As a result, have to be an expert in many areas like sales + marketing, project management + QA, IT + Software development, or DTP + Localization expertise...

Advice to Management

Add another layer of hierarchy in management to create more opportunities for career growth