Globe University - Adjunct Professor | Glassdoor

"Adjunct Professor"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Globe University as a contractor

Pros

Focused on delivering high quality and rigorous curriculum to a diverse population of adult learners.

Cons

Compensation is a bit lower per class than other universities in the area; however this is a minor issue when teaching is your vocation.

Other Employee Reviews for Globe University

1. "My brief time as an Adjunct Instructor (just one quarter) was enjoyable, and the students and staff were great!"

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Onalaska, WI
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Onalaska, WI

I have been working at Globe University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is just a great learning environment. Globe teaches practical skills that students can use right away in their field. The instructors I got to know in my short time there were outstanding people.

Cons

I had no problems working here!

Advice to Management

I had to leave the Onalaska campus and move to Madison, and I was disappointed when I didn't hear back from the Madison campuses once I moved to town.

"Could be better"

I have been working at Globe University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with great people that are passionate about education. Campus culture is fantastic, the leadership team is great. Truly care about the student experience. The majority of the teachers are hard working, tech savvy and do everything to bring the best experience to the the students.

Cons

The family that owns the company is ridiculous. They have no transparency with the numbers so campuses don't really even know if they are making money or not. They refuse to close campuses that are struggling because they are also in the real estate business. They don't carry the "we care" mission over to the hard working people that work for them.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth and stop asking people to do more and more and not pay them fairly. Lower the tuition so you can compete with the other for profits in the area. You will not get a rise in enrollments when they can get the same thing somewhere else for half the price. We are better than the other schools and people will pay a little more for that, but the huge difference in price is not worth the extra costumer service.