Glocap - Dynamic and entrepreneurial Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Glocap

"Dynamic and entrepreneurial Company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Glocap treats its employees like adults, is highly entrepreneurial, has A clients and is a great group of people to work with. I recently left to take a recruiting role at a company just to try something different but was shocked to see some of the venomous reviews on this site. They don't accurately reflect the company I worked at and I have to imagine that they were inspired by the group of employees who left last summer to join a competitor and lost a law suit initiated by Glocap. Bottom line is it is a great place to work if you are self-motivated, like flexibility, value an A-client list and like being around very motivated, high energy and entrepreneurial people. I was sad to go. Lastly, during my years at Glocap the CEO always treated me and everyone around me highly fairly. He is a straight shooter and perhaps some people cant hack that but I prefer that to someone who doesn't tell you like they see it.

Cons

If you want a highly directed environment where everything is laid out for you, Glocap is not a good fit. If you are confident and like to have the scope to do things in your own way as long as the standards are high and the outcomes are good, then Glocap is a good fit.

Advice to Management

Although I always appreciated the non-hierarchical culture, I do think that more formal recognition through promotions and a bit more emphasis on titles as a means to recognize people's development would be helpful.

Other Employee Reviews for Glocap

"Ask former employees before you sign on"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So many people have left you benefit from all the clients/candidates left behind
    New management team - energized

Cons

the place is a fraud - everything about it
    CEO is unethical and has bad reputation in industry
    Work/life balance taken to an extreme which is great if you want to work at a place that isn't serious

Advice to Management

Sell the firm

2. "Great firm with exceptional people!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Glocap currently provides a great culture, filled with young, energetic employees motivated to collaborate. It has provided me with significant opportunity for growth and exposure to leading alternative investment firms. All of the employees are encouraging and make coming to work enjoyable. Very flexible with regards to work life balance and understanding of people's needs outside the office.

Cons

CEO is too loyal and kept employees on board longer than needed. Luckily this changed and has helped create the new, enjoyable, and collective environment we have now.

Advice to Management

CEO is always available with an open door policy. Very understanding and supportive. Cares for his employees and listens to recommendations for the firm. He has personally made my experience at Glocap exceptional.

New management team recently joined and has really made a concerted effort to unify the firm.