Glocap - Not your typical search firm! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Glocap

"Not your typical search firm!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Glocap is a firm that sets the bar and is not afraid to set it high. Glocap does not compete with other firms, it creates the standard for which other firms strive to be. When hired to be a recruiter here you MUST understand that the culture is entrepreneurial. The employees are ambitious adults that are not waiting to be told what to do, but instead are diving in and getting it done. The new management has fostered the passion in new employees, ignited a fire in old employees, and encourages a collaborative effort to provide unparalleled service to both clients and candidates. I look forward to coming to work each day and being part of such a strong team.

Cons

CEO gives people the benefit of the doubt and often times trusts people to a fault. I am shocked to see such negative feedback when I am sure the CEO has gone above and beyond for most of these individuals. As for me, the CEO has been nothing but a fierce leader that pushes me to strive harder to reach my professional goals, and has welcomed me and my colleagues as part of his family.

Advice to Management

The open door policy is fantastic. I love that the opinions of all employees, no matter what their role here, are heard.

Other Employee Reviews for Glocap

1. "Dynamic and entrepreneurial Company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Glocap treats its employees like adults, is highly entrepreneurial, has A clients and is a great group of people to work with. I recently left to take a recruiting role at a company just to try something different but was shocked to see some of the venomous reviews on this site. They don't accurately reflect the company I worked at and I have to imagine that they were inspired by the group of employees who left last summer to join a competitor and lost a law suit initiated by Glocap. Bottom line is it is a great place to work if you are self-motivated, like flexibility, value an A-client list and like being around very motivated, high energy and entrepreneurial people. I was sad to go. Lastly, during my years at Glocap the CEO always treated me and everyone around me highly fairly. He is a straight shooter and perhaps some people cant hack that but I prefer that to someone who doesn't tell you like they see it.

Cons

If you want a highly directed environment where everything is laid out for you, Glocap is not a good fit. If you are confident and like to have the scope to do things in your own way as long as the standards are high and the outcomes are good, then Glocap is a good fit.

Advice to Management

Although I always appreciated the non-hierarchical culture, I do think that more formal recognition through promotions and a bit more emphasis on titles as a means to recognize people's development would be helpful.

"Ask former employees before you sign on"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So many people have left you benefit from all the clients/candidates left behind
    New management team - energized

Cons

the place is a fraud - everything about it
    CEO is unethical and has bad reputation in industry
    Work/life balance taken to an extreme which is great if you want to work at a place that isn't serious

Advice to Management

Sell the firm