Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience!

Aug 8, 2017 - Associate Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros The company has an incredible culture, and does a great job of making sure new hires get early exposure to lots of people on different teams to make their transition smoother. They also try and ensure that current employees have the opportunity to interact with people outside their own teams through frequent happy hours, "lunch roulettes", and special events usually themed around product launches. I really appreciated the extent to which the team leads were transparent with us, so I always felt as though I was in the know (to the extent that I could be) and my opinions and views mattered. I felt as though I had the opportunities to grow in my role and the feedback and guidance I received was always helpful. Also, great snacks.

Cons

Cons As with most startups, things are constantly changing, so if you do not consider yourself very flexible and want a job with lots of structure and 9-5 hours, Glossier may not be for you. Help was always there when I asked for it, but for some tasks I was definitely expected to be independent and not guided every step of the way, which was one of my favorite parts of the job, but I know does not work for all people. You definitely need to be quick on your feet and accept that sometimes the direction of a project that you're working on may change or a product launch will unexpectedly move up based on company needs and priorities, or you might have to move your desk 3 times as hiring increases. In my experience it was never personal and an incredibly important work experience to learn to adjust quickly, with the goal of contributing positively to the company's growth and not hindering it by being inflexible. However, for people who love structure and get stressed in fast-paced environments, it might not be the ideal work environment.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing work environment

May 12, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, respectful environment and great people

Cons

The usual retail work negatives

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Fantastic company to work for

May 12, 2021 - Graduate in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture and company values

Cons

Their pop up jobs are temporary

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Glossier.