Glu Mobile - A good place to work | Glassdoor

"A good place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glu Mobile full-time for less than a year

Pros

Glu has been as good as any other place to work. Environment is nice. Compensation is nice. People are friendly. My schedule is manageable. I thrive on success and as long as Glu and I are both succeeding, I am happy.

Cons

My big concern is that people making fundamental decisions are not creatives and want to make informed, data supported, games. But in an industry as fast paced as mobile, that doesn't make a lot of sense. By the time you've cloned Clash of Clans, it's too late. You have to have new ideas. Glu also has the unique and dubious history of cloning it's OWN games, which makes zero sense to me. I remember they had two Tiny Tower clones back in the day.

Advice to Management

1. Make new games quickly, but build teams slowly. In mobile, you can make a prototype with 3-4 people. A prototype team doesn't need to be bigger than that. In fact, more people with dilute the core vision. Eventually, if the game is fun, you can move it into full production. 2. Stop cloning games. Especially your own games. Diner Dash is not a genre.

Glu Mobile2018-01-21

"Very happy!"

Current Employee - Senior Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glu Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great team: the team I work on is like a family in many respects - team members genuinely care about each other and look out for each other, and legitimately enjoy spending time together at the office and at team events - Work/life balance: unlike some other places I've worked at, Glu does a good job of limiting overtime, getting people out of the office at a reasonable hour, and accommodating folks with families - Generous benefits: from my own experience and from other coworkers I've spoken with, compensation is typically market-competitive to above-market, with a wide range of additional benefits like free lunches and snacks, 401(k) matching, and annual performance bonuses

Cons

- Office location: While the office space itself is nice, it's located in a neighborhood that can be a bit sketchy at times, particularly in the evening (not a huge con, but it's a factor to consider if you're taking mass transit)

Glu Mobile2019-01-11
  2. "OK Company with Bad Management"

Former Employee - Executive Producer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Glu Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Snacks at the office - Friendly environment

Cons

- C-Suite needs to get changed to turnaround this company

Glu Mobile2020-01-08

Discover more reviews about Glu Mobile.