Glu Mobile - Good people in the trenches, horrible executive team. | Glassdoor

"Good people in the trenches, horrible executive team."

I worked at Glu Mobile

Pros

The local studio was filled with amazing people, great work environment, good opportunities for growth, great work/life balance.

Cons

All the pros were hobbled by poor executive management always trying to boost the stock price instead of focusing on people and products. It's no wonder the stock price has languished below $6 for so long.

Advice to Management

If you focus on your people and in making great games, the stock price will follow. Unfortunately you're stuck in a rut and the company desperately needs new leadership.

Glu Mobile2014-12-23

"Very happy!"

Current Employee - Senior Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glu Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great team: the team I work on is like a family in many respects - team members genuinely care about each other and look out for each other, and legitimately enjoy spending time together at the office and at team events - Work/life balance: unlike some other places I've worked at, Glu does a good job of limiting overtime, getting people out of the office at a reasonable hour, and accommodating folks with families - Generous benefits: from my own experience and from other coworkers I've spoken with, compensation is typically market-competitive to above-market, with a wide range of additional benefits like free lunches and snacks, 401(k) matching, and annual performance bonuses

Cons

- Office location: While the office space itself is nice, it's located in a neighborhood that can be a bit sketchy at times, particularly in the evening (not a huge con, but it's a factor to consider if you're taking mass transit)

Glu Mobile2019-01-11
  2. "OK Company with Bad Management"

Former Employee - Executive Producer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Glu Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Snacks at the office - Friendly environment

Cons

- C-Suite needs to get changed to turnaround this company

Glu Mobile2020-01-08

Discover more reviews about Glu Mobile.