Glu Mobile - Wonderful game development studio with excellent work/life balance (Bellevue office) | Glassdoor

"Wonderful game development studio with excellent work/life balance (Bellevue office)"

Current Employee - Artist in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Glu Mobile full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/life balance: Employees are encouraged to have a life outside of the office. Positive studio culture: In general, everyone here gets along very well, and we regularly have fun activities. We decorate team areas to suit our individual personalities. Successful products: While we are not making Candy Crush numbers, we have a successful product that allows us to pursue fun and interesting projects without having to lay people off. The studio takes care of its employees: Managers and directors do everything they can to take care of the employees. There is genuine concern about everyone's well-being. Transparent communication: Where applicable and possible (I understand there are legal areas we can't touch), communication is totally open and transparent. I rarely feel "in the dark" when it comes to studio and project statuses. Flexible working arrangements: It's very easy to work from home if needed. This is especially beneficial for people who live in Seattle and areas far outside of Bellevue.

Cons

Communication between departments is rocky and needs work. For all the efforts made to unify the teams, there is still an "us and them" approach to things. Career paths are unclear. Many people are unsure of how they can progress in their jobs. Managers are often overtasked and spread too thin. Some employees are expected to be both a manger and an individual contributor on their projects. There is a constant push of doing things faster and cheaper while maintaining high quality standards. This often results in fast and cheap and lowering the quality of our work, because, in the end, it's all about the money. Too much focus on hitting our bonus targets. Yes, bonuses are really nice to have, but constantly using that as an incentive and reminder to do better/more work makes me uncomfortable.

Continue reading
    Glu Mobile2015-01-22
  1. "Come for the games, stay for the people and culture..."

I have been working at Glu Mobile

Pros

The people and culture cannot be understated. The appreciation across teams, the leadership focus on the people, the process improvements to keep people at the top of importance are all key. Perks, benefits, food, fun, pay are all good.

Cons

Vacation policy isn’t as good as other SF/Bay Area tech companies.

Continue reading
    Glu Mobile2020-02-13

"OK Company with Bad Management"

Former Employee - Executive Producer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Glu Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Snacks at the office - Friendly environment

Cons

- C-Suite needs to get changed to turnaround this company

Glu Mobile2020-01-08

Discover more reviews about Glu Mobile.