Glu - Get Glued | Glassdoor

"Get Glued"

Current Employee - Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Glu has great people, great benefits and competitive salaries. The large scale operation somehow avoids the bureaucracy and red tape that is found in so many corporate environments. Glu is a fun place to be.

Cons

Communication between employees and direct senior management could be improved. I find that concerns are often brought to my attention too late to take corrective action. There is a lot of talent here whose full talent has not been realized. Vision is lacking in many aspects.

Advice to Management

Stand behind your word and be honest in communication. Telling the company we are financially sound and then laying people off 3 weeks later didn't win you any accolades. Now people are just walking on eggshells wondering if the information we receive is trustworthy. We strive to make Glu a great company as much as you do, please be forthright.

Other Employee Reviews for Glu

1. "Glu Mobile: has potential, needs to get out of its own way to innovate"

Current Employee - Director in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Glu is a fun place to work. There isn't a ton of beauracracy and if you see a problem that needs fixing, you can do it. There are a lot of smart people there, and everybody wants to create and publish great mobile games. They also value work/life balance - a rarity in today's overstressed Silicon Valley. They do this by actively giving employees the tools to work from home occasionally and also making sure that it is a fun place to work, with company events and outings.

Cons

The mobile industry is going through some changes. The iPhone has shaken things up and the carrier eco-system is threatened. Glu will survive the economic downturn if it can continue to innovate and also publish great games. It is not a very forward thinking enviornment - many employees are so overworked that they don't have time to think strategically, which is critical in this fast paced economy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the information flow and discussions with employees.
    Don't be afraid to innovate.
    Tear down the hierarchy of decision - its good to have leaders in senior exec staff, but often the power is too centralized, making everyone below afraid to make decisions (for fear of them being reversed.)

"probably,this is the first review of glu mobile on the site...."

Current Employee - Senior Developer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in San Mateo, CA

Pros

I like the friendly working environment.

Cons

Maybe, the falling of stock price.....
    But to me, this is not very important, since the amount of our shares are quite limited. :-)

Advice to Management

I think they are very nice, I like the senior managers that I once met.