GoDaddy - Highly Political, Very Corporate, Fail to Honor Offer Letters | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy

"Highly Political, Very Corporate, Fail to Honor Offer Letters"

Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

vacation accrual rate is better than average.

Cons

Good old boys in Phoenix insure only ideas from Phoenix carry any weight. If you have career aspirations and don't live in Phoenix, don't bother, very cliqueish company. KKR buyout resulting in lots of changes for the worse. Pay scales are going down, as are budgets for employee recognition.

Other Employee Reviews for GoDaddy

1. "This job is what you make of it"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Tempe, AZ

Pros

The best part about this company is the almost every little step you take to do your job better is rewarded. The Sales and management team have put an extraordinary amount of time into devising a system that rewards you for positive action. At my last job I found (also a call center) i found that my taskings were increased on a monthly/bimonthly basis, and that my pay was actually being decreased!!!

Any job is hard if you do it to the employer requested standard, and all companies will steadily raise the bar to increase your performance. However, not all companies compensate you when they raise that bar. The money makes it worth while.

Cons

The only negative aspect is the strict company policies. These are fairly unbending unless you have a valid reason (including evidence) of extenuating circumstances. However, the fact that i get compensated fairly probably has alot to do with the fact that this company will remove undesirable employees like a malignant tumor if it finds you to be lacking in a substantial work or personal ethic. At the end of the day, do your job and you'll do just fine.

Advice to Management

create a system to award inbound employees for sales to executive account customers. Our only motivation to actively consult with these customers is because we want to keep our job. The current policy for addressing these customers works, but it could be so much better.

"My time here has been slightly stressful trying to advance my career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

They are very flexible on the corporate side with work hours and sick time that you need to take. Benefits are good. Get a lot of vacation time which is great

Cons

Career advancement is difficult if your career path is going towards a position that you have no experience in. Most positions now require 5+ years of experience where in the past they would hire an employee with the skills to do the work and mold them. Now they have a jr development program with a few intern like positions for career advancement but there are only a few for all of the employees to fight over.

Advice to Management

Make career advancement less difficult. Have more jr positions where previous experience doesn't need to be 5+ years.