GoDaddy - Customer Development Team | Glassdoor

"Customer Development Team"

Pros

Less technical support and more consultation with customers.

Cons

A lot of talking on the phone

Other Employee Reviews for GoDaddy

"Starts out great and then...."

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Initially, I started with GoDaddy shortly before a holiday. I watched someone win a large television. Great first impression.

Cons

Income earned, or, up selling, is required. Don't sell, you will be terminated. The work environment is sales based but commission is not earned or given, instead bonuses are gifted. Then means is it is very possible to have your bonus removed for a variety of reasons, under the guise of not meeting "expectations". Over time these standards change, so remember, "change is the GoDaddy way". Expect to lose your bonus at some point in time.

Work environment is 24/7 so to get a holiday off you must request far enough in advance with your vacation time. No vacation, then you must work the holiday. Too many people request the holiday off before you, expect to work the holiday. Call in sick and earn demerits.

The rules of the day are hard and fast. If you come in late due to some well published freeway accident expect to earn demerits.

There are around 2000 employees in the Phoenix area, but, I believe somewhere between 20-30 THOUSAND people have been employed at GoDaddy. This is around a 90% turnover rate. These numbers are estimates because GoDaddy being a privately held company is not required to release the data. I expect these numbers to be disputed. If you do seek employment at GoDaddy just ask how many employees are in the Phoenix/Iowa centers and then look at your employee number.

Image is everything at GoDaddy. Smile, be positive, tote the company line or you do not get into the "good ole boys club".

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Train the supervision. I have no problem with GoDaddy being a for profit corporation but realize that your employees are management's customers. Teach and train management to do right by their customers, the employees they manage. We are not in the military and theory X management has been proven to be ineffective.

"Kind of lame"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool atmosphere. Pretty laid back. Great people to work with

Cons

Dont expect to move up in the company. Too much competition. Also, dont work the night shift or weekend shift. You will be expected to hit same metrics as those that work prime time hours (Mon-Fri 8-5). I worked night shift and had half the calls but I still was expected to hit same dollar amount as day workers when they got all the calls from high paying businesses. The system was messed up. Also, they select who gets the good sales calls. You may not believe it at first but after a while you will catch on. They use an algorithm that pushes calls to good sales people and the bad ones get all the tech calls which doesnt allow for sales which equates to bonus checks. I never hit bonus. Couldnt afford to pay for family and bills. Had to quit and find another job. Dont buy the whole "best place to work". Im sure they pay someone a lot of money to say that. I also didnt hit my minimums which you are required to do in your first 6 months or they dont let you go full time. Nor do they give you time off till you hit your minimums. Since I was working the night shift, it was hard for me to hit the minimums. I worked there 8 months before I got a day off. Then I called in sick to have a day off and got written up. Lame-O

Advice to Management

Redo the metrics. Have lower expectations for those working nights