GoDaddy - Starts out great and then.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for GoDaddy

"Starts out great and then...."

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Initially, I started with GoDaddy shortly before a holiday. I watched someone win a large television. Great first impression.

Cons

Income earned, or, up selling, is required. Don't sell, you will be terminated. The work environment is sales based but commission is not earned or given, instead bonuses are gifted. Then means is it is very possible to have your bonus removed for a variety of reasons, under the guise of not meeting "expectations". Over time these standards change, so remember, "change is the GoDaddy way". Expect to lose your bonus at some point in time.

Work environment is 24/7 so to get a holiday off you must request far enough in advance with your vacation time. No vacation, then you must work the holiday. Too many people request the holiday off before you, expect to work the holiday. Call in sick and earn demerits.

The rules of the day are hard and fast. If you come in late due to some well published freeway accident expect to earn demerits.

There are around 2000 employees in the Phoenix area, but, I believe somewhere between 20-30 THOUSAND people have been employed at GoDaddy. This is around a 90% turnover rate. These numbers are estimates because GoDaddy being a privately held company is not required to release the data. I expect these numbers to be disputed. If you do seek employment at GoDaddy just ask how many employees are in the Phoenix/Iowa centers and then look at your employee number.

Image is everything at GoDaddy. Smile, be positive, tote the company line or you do not get into the "good ole boys club".

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Train the supervision. I have no problem with GoDaddy being a for profit corporation but realize that your employees are management's customers. Teach and train management to do right by their customers, the employees they manage. We are not in the military and theory X management has been proven to be ineffective.

Other Employee Reviews for GoDaddy

"Appears as a fun place but trust me its not"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay. Outbound sales can make you 60k-100k.

Cons

They will take advantage of you in every situation possible. I have been there 5 years and it used to be a great place. The managers there have absolutely no clue what they are doing. They make you drive 45mins to an office when there are closer offices to all of us but they don't want 1 supervisor to have to drive, so they make 20 people drive so that 1 person isn't inconvenienced- this is the kind of company they are now.

Advice to Management

Learn what you are doing before you run this company into the ground.

"Horrible"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

EAI's are fun, if you can get your boss to take your team on an outing.

Cons

Weak Management, everyone is insecure. If you do a good job, they will reward you, but then lay you off after a couple years because you, 'make too much money'

Advice to Management

Don't give large raises if you are just going to layoff that person after a few years.