1. COVID-19

"Finally on the right path!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at GoPro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great culture - Emphasis on employee engagement (even while remote / shelter in place) - Really cool opportunities to connect with employees (remote yoga & workouts, DIB listening & learning sessions, remote book clubs, game contests, etc) - Competitive compensation, bonus and RSUs - Amazing benefits - Huge opportunity for financial gain with the stock / RSUs being relatively low - Managers / Leaders always look internal first for promotions / upward mobility

Cons

Pre COVID-19, I would have said that we keep doing the same thing year-over-year expecting different results.... This year is different, and every employee feels it. There is a new energy at GoPro and we are so excited for what is to come. COVID-19 forced GoPro to adopt a DTC (direct to consumer) model to prioritize our GoPro.com efforts over sales through retail, etc. For the first time in a long time, IT MAKES SENSE. The opportunity is right in front of us, and all teams are executing at an incredible level to make this turnaround successful. Our strong brand will pull us through COVID-19 and then we are going to be extremely well-positioned for amazing things in 2021 and beyond. I can’t wait.

Continue reading

GoPro Response

July 9, 2020Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review our experience at GoPro. We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your time here and that you hold such a positive outlook for what's next. We, too, are feeling optimistic about where GoPro is headed. If you have additional feedback you'd like to share, don't hesitate to connect with us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com.

"Great company that appreciates employees"

5.0
    Former Employee - Production Artist in San Diego, CA

I worked at GoPro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits and they treat all employees very well. So many incentives to get all employees to interact and become friends

Cons

There was a restaurant at the San Mateo campus that wasn't free, not much of a "con"

GoPro Response

July 9, 2020Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience working at GoPro! We are happy to hear it was a positive one. With one our core values being 'Make Friends,' we are especially happy to hear you felt this was encouraged. Should you have any additional feedback, please connect with us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com.

2. "Good place to learn"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - IT Support in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at GoPro part-time for more than a year

Pros

A small company where you get to work closely with different departments

Cons

The company isn't doing great financially, and there have been layoffs at least onc a year.

Discover more reviews about GoPro.