Gold Buyers at the Mall - Unrealistic | Glassdoor

"Unrealistic"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL
Former Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Gold Buyers at the Mall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a chance to travel with the company, and as a GM really made some things happen.

Cons

They expect way to much for current market conditions.

Advice to Management

Start looking at what your employees are doing for your company, NOT what the numbers are saying.

Other Employee Reviews for Gold Buyers at the Mall

1. "Very Unbusiness Like People Running This Company"

Former Employee - Team Member in Monaca, PA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Monaca, PA

I worked at Gold Buyers at the Mall part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will almost certainly get hired if you apply! They are very desperate for people and have a huge turnover. If you are looking for a title jump you may get it here. I was with the company for three days and offered two different store manager positions.

Cons

In my store you are treated like a child. I personally have been in retail management for over 10 years now and did not appreciate this. There is very little that is organized, there are almost no procedures. You kind of fly by the seat of your pants and guess at what your doing half the time. The training is almost laughable. My "manager" seemed to make up the rules as she went along. My workplace was also very disorganized, no filing system, papers everywhere. Kind of makes you wonder when we are making copies of peoples licenses and collecting personal information. I would guess if they got audited they would not pass. I was also told by my manager that we are there to please the company, they are not there to please us. Believe me when I tell you that is true. They make no effort at all to better accomodate employees. If you like an well organized workplace this is not for you.

2. "This is a pathetic ,greedy company."

Former Employee - General Manager in Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Gold Buyers at the Mall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It doesn't rain in the mall.You meet a lot of friendly people.It's a paycheck,if you can get a full one.

Cons

Almost every employee owes the company money,due to their pathetic bad buy policy,in which they
    don't have to prove that it was a bad buy.Even though you pay for it,they don't give you the item so
    you might be able to recoup your money,just like they did.You have to stand for many hours,and give out bags to every person who walks by.They run out of money regularly,and charge customers
    a fee to collect their money.Stay away,unless you are really desperate!

Advice to Management

Stop your lying and your phoney contests,where there's no money,only bragging rights