Gold Buyers at the Mall - It was ok but could have been better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Gold Buyers at the Mall

"It was ok but could have been better"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Gold Buyers at the Mall full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

worked in the mall so you got discounts to alot of places, met very interesting people and alot of tourists

Cons

not enough money for standing on your feet all day, commission was terrible, very micro-managed

Other Employee Reviews for Gold Buyers at the Mall

1. "Unrealistic"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Gold Buyers at the Mall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a chance to travel with the company, and as a GM really made some things happen.

Cons

They expect way to much for current market conditions.

Advice to Management

Start looking at what your employees are doing for your company, NOT what the numbers are saying.

2. "Very Unbusiness Like People Running This Company"

Former Employee - Team Member in Monaca, PA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Monaca, PA

I worked at Gold Buyers at the Mall part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will almost certainly get hired if you apply! They are very desperate for people and have a huge turnover. If you are looking for a title jump you may get it here. I was with the company for three days and offered two different store manager positions.

Cons

In my store you are treated like a child. I personally have been in retail management for over 10 years now and did not appreciate this. There is very little that is organized, there are almost no procedures. You kind of fly by the seat of your pants and guess at what your doing half the time. The training is almost laughable. My "manager" seemed to make up the rules as she went along. My workplace was also very disorganized, no filing system, papers everywhere. Kind of makes you wonder when we are making copies of peoples licenses and collecting personal information. I would guess if they got audited they would not pass. I was also told by my manager that we are there to please the company, they are not there to please us. Believe me when I tell you that is true. They make no effort at all to better accomodate employees. If you like an well organized workplace this is not for you.