Golden Living - Top Heavy | Glassdoor

"Top Heavy"

I have been working at Golden Living full-time

Pros

Great people, good enviorment, advanced tech.

Cons

Executives with very little understanding of the actual business

Advice to Management

wake up and look around

Other Employee Reviews for Golden Living

"Good company to learn from and get out"

Pros

When I was first hired I received no training except for a week of orientation and I was thrown on the floor expected to do the job I was hired to do. I had one year experience as a nurse. It is not a safe situation, but you learn to ask a lot of questions or you will sink! New nurses entering administrative roles, make sure you are in a large building so that you can learn one job and learn iit well.

Cons

At the facility I worked at they were CHEAP. They would talk about wanting to improve things, but whenever I wanted to do something to improve morale, training etc - I was told there was no money in the budget for that. Employees were miserable there because more and more got put on them and there was so much push back because of it - there was very little team work anymore! They wanted me to learn how other buildings did stuff, but wouldn't let me do it. Made no sense!!

Advice to Management

I think you lose more employees because those you invest training in you don't want to support what you train them to do. You talk about innovation and supporting the employees - but in truth you are only in it for profit. Your salaried employees should be encouraged to work regular hours except in times of dire need. I worked 12 hour days just to keep up with the amount of work put on the department doing reports, training, hiring, etc. And sitting on those calls- serious waste of time!!

"Good company to work for"

Pros

The company is huge with lots of great resources. If there is a question to be asked or information to be sought, someone knows it. Promotion from within is encouraged with the company.

Cons

Musical chairs with territories and jobs, lots of threats of job cuts over the years. Conference calls, meetings, reports and emails are overwhelming, not a lot of time to take care of day to day operations.

Advice to Management

Turnover is high above the living center level due to constant instability over the years in alignments and territories. Good people work for the company and want to make a difference in the lives of the residents, but are too busy doing "busy work" to make much of an impact.