Golden Pantry - Lowest paid, highest retail | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Golden Pantry

"Lowest paid, highest retail"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bogart, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bogart, GA

I worked at Golden Pantry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy job for most part, my area of town was fine.

Cons

Expect to take a lot of crap from customers, long hours. Explaining why we charge twice as much for a product than the guy across the street. We usually said, "we are really proud of our products".

Advice to Management

Managers were fine, its upper management. They make very bad business decisions. Especially in the marketing department. I give the company another 2-3 years. You can't charge 20-30% more than your competitors then say its the small guy behind the counters fault.

Other Employee Reviews for Golden Pantry

1. "this place is bittersweet"

Current Employee - Deli Clerk/Store Clerk in Oconee, GA
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk/Store Clerk in Oconee, GA

I have been working at Golden Pantry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job itself is good work. Mostly its wiping down stuff sweeping and mopping taking out trash and ringing up customers who are mostly pleasant.you come in wipe some stuff down, sweep, mop, take out trash and take care of customers who are almost always pleasant. Deli is more hard work but you can take long breaks listen to whatever music you want work at your own pace as long as you get your stuff done.

Cons

With store side it may be small simple work but you dont get too much of a break cause theres always someone coming in its literally a miracle if you get the chance smoke a cig start to finish. Also if you mess up or make a mistake like you're late, or you mess up and aren't thinking 100% you can give out the wrong change or accidentally put the gas on the wrong pump or anything it can be your job. Also even if its the customers fault you apologize no matter how rude and ignorant they are. With deli is alot of heavy, nasty, hot, mess that all has to be done well because of food. There are dishes non stop, oil spills, dirty fryers that have to be cleaned, lots of trash to take out, huge flour mess everywhere always, raw food to prep and cook and a bunch of cleaning. If you slip up unless its with food its not as serious and more and longer breaks. if you are super fit and not very bright or have good social skills i suggest deli if you are more of the easy under pressure, can sell air, bubbly type but cant lift a whole lot or do a whole lot then i suggest register.

Advice to Management

Do not be a bully and treat your employees like swine. absolutely do not let your personal feelings towards them affect your professional obligations. It doesnt matter about if you're together, friends, or family always punish them and reward them the same. If not then you have a team of toddlers who need babysitting or end up without employees.

2. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Golden Pantry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family owned, around for 50+ years, I feel like my input is valued and appreciated. Great group of people and I really look forward to going to work every morning.

Cons

Fast paced work environment- not for someone that likes a slow/boring type job

Golden Pantry Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks so much for the feedback! Our team members mean the world to us.