Goldenwest Credit Union - Supply Chain Specialist | Glassdoor

"Supply Chain Specialist"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Specialist in South Ogden, UT
Current Employee - Supply Chain Specialist in South Ogden, UT

I have been working at Goldenwest Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company, Great Benefits, & Great Atmostphere

Cons

Pay is pretty low. Great for College students living at home, or recent high school grads.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Goldenwest Credit Union

"Good Experience, High Turnover Rate"

Former Employee - Junior Loan Officer in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Junior Loan Officer in Ogden, UT

I worked at Goldenwest Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gained great financial skills that I applied to my own life, learned how to positively position myself with upper management, exercised my ability to learn and grow within a position.

I advanced from teller, was then selected to be placed in the call center for a fast track training to be a loan officer and was beginning training for mortgages when left. I was also offered a loan officer training position when I left.

Most fellow employees are friendly.

Cons

Pay is less than satisfactory. I was young enough I did not need benefits although I hear benefits are good, I could have cared less. You work your butt off for pennies.

The constant pressure to sell as described in other reviews is spot on. But all the people who were really good salesmen knew they were worth more and eventually left. They also offer hourly pay raises if you pass a series of tests. I passed 3 or 4 and gained a whole 25 cents an hour per test that required hours of studying. My one year evaluation raise? A whole 33 cents.

The year I was there we didn't meet our yearly goal. As a result the whole company was declined a Christmas bonus and an annual "giveaway" party where large prizes were given. I'm assuming upper management still received a bonus.

It's very important to me to be able to leave work for a doctors appointment or other things like that. For your first year as an employee, you get a small amount of sick leave and that's it. I asked to reduce my hours since I was a student at the time and was told no.

The majority of upper management is friendly but in the call center you get a million questions you don't know how to answer. Asking for help from the appropriate person was a waste. They treated you like you were an idiot.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. You spend more money on training new ones than if you just payed current ones a competitive pay. Your front line people that speak directly to your customers are the most valuable yet you treat them as nothing.

"The company expects a lot but doesn't give a lot in return."

Former Employee - Teller I in North Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Teller I in North Ogden, UT

I worked at Goldenwest Credit Union part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits- insurance, gym memberships, etc
    Most employees are super friendly
    Flexible with school
    Most members are nice

Cons

-Terrible base pay. Company claims you can supplement your income and make more per hour through their 'Cross Sell" program but unless you are dealing with loans on a daily basis its near impossible. Most members do not qualify for the products or services offered by the credit union and those that do qualify already are signed up for such products or services. The credit union is actually considered a low income credit union therefore as stated above most members do not have the finances or the credit to qualify. Once in awhile you would get a "sell" but its not enough to supplement the awful base pay.
    -Management can be rude and expect a lot from the employees beyond the job description.
    -Very strict on policies
    -Unfair treatment if there is a problem
    -Required meetings every week at branch (Generally a waste of time because they are a review of the emails that you receive throughout the week)
    -Required monthly sales meeting at corporate office (Also a waste of time, only the select few dealing with loans are ever recognized for sales, the rest of the employees do not have such an opportunity )
    -No extra pay for speaking another language, being a notary, training other employees, etc

Advice to Management

Management needs to lead by example in many aspects. They should not be the last to arrive and the first to leave just because they may be salary and not hourly. Management needs to help those below them in any way they can in a helpful manner rather than seeming bothered to help as seen in many instances and at many branches.