Goldman Sachs - Brief experience with only an overview of the surface of the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs

"Brief experience with only an overview of the surface of the company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in London, England (UK)
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in London, England (UK)

I worked at Goldman Sachs as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They give a lot of freedom to contact employees and access to all the buildings, which makes you feel like part of the company

Cons

Everybody works hard, which is understandable, but many of the individuals seemed to be more focussed on themselves. There doesn't seem to be much of a camaraderie culture. The recruitment process was very impersonal even though I had done a two weeks internship.

Other Employee Reviews for Goldman Sachs

1. "A challenging and fulfilling work environment for all talent groups."

I worked at Goldman Sachs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Working with the best minds in the industry.
    * Transparency with the firm's management decisions in the industry.
    * Good employee benefits like - well networked cab facilities, in house play-home for toddlers , work from home options.
    *Open Door Policies for interaction with senior management. This is an excellent mindset that GS follows, you dont need to be shy to talk to senior management.
    *Excellent training for new joiners and college hires. GSU has some very good hands on training programs that add a lot of value to your current work.

Cons

*Capitalistic outlook. A good year will get you great returns in terms of hikes and other benefits. A bad year can drive you really hard.
    *Not much of work life balance as releases happen after trading ends in New York, which invariable ends up being weekends for us in Bangalore.

Advice to Management

Please provide flexibility in retaining former employees. The only reason I had to quit was that I could' nt get a long leave in the firm due to some personal choices I had to make.

2. "nice place"

Pros

good environment to work at

Cons

no private life if you work there

Advice to Management

work harder