Cover image for Goldman Sachs

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

My experience working as a financial analyst at goldman sachs,

Dec 5, 2022 - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good career, I like it alot

Cons

long hours, work anywhere from 30-40 hours a week

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Campus Hire Audit Analyst, my take.

Jan 9, 2023 - Internal Audit Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Name recognition is great, easy to jump ship when the time comes. Managers are the best in the field and are willing to share their wisdom and knowledge.

Cons

I've heard that career growth can be slow if you're not a lateral hire. Below par pay compared to other firms.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Just. Don't.

Jan 18, 2023 - Associate Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, and 20-35 days of PTO depending on your level. 72 hrs of paid sick time off, and 10 paid holidays. That's about it.

Cons

1) 5 days a week in-office (don't let them fool you), and if you have to be off desk, or on PTO, it's culture to put WHY YOU'RE ON PTO on the cal invite! Legit. People will put Name - OOO (in parenthesis, the reason they're on PTO) 2) Office culture is awful, and leadership is cold and uncaring. It's a very cliquey culture, too. People talk trash about everyone behind their backs but act nice to your face. Managers have their favorites, which they make very obvious; if you're not on their list you will feel it. Most management sits in NY, so they have VPs in other offices reporting on your whereabouts and how you're doing on the team. 3) Not actual recruiting - there are a lot of administrative responsibilities. You will be on more projects than actual recruiting. They love their data and you have to pull a ton of reports all the time. I could go on...

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Goldman Sachs.

Goldman Sachs Careers

Cover image for Goldman Sachs

At Goldman Sachs, we believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We seek out people with all types of skills, interests and...More

• Benefits & Wellness
  • Your Full Potential
  • Culture & Diversity
  • Veterans Commitment

Goldman Sachs Photos

+ Add Photo
Goldman Sachs photo of: The World Headquarters of Goldman -- 200 West St (taken from wirednewyork.com)
Goldman Sachs photo of: View from Hong Kong Office