GolfNow - Used and abused | Glassdoor

"Used and abused"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at GolfNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits because the company is part of the Golf Channel/NBC. Very nice cafeteria that serves breakfast and lunch. Lots of young people work there

Cons

Terrible upper management whom wants you to be a workaholic and live in the office. Makes everyone interview 2 or 3 times for a promotion. They will also tell you one thing and turn around and do the opposite. Tons of turnover, mostly from people quitting.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. If your going to talk the talk then you better walk the walk. Or your employees are going to continue to walk out on you

GolfNow2016-06-23
  1. "great!"

Former Intern - Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at GolfNow for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is so kind and welcoming. They are always there to answer questions and help whenever needed. I loved working here.

Cons

There weren't really any cons, everyone was wonderful.

GolfNow2020-01-10
  2. "Here’s the truth."

Former Employee - Member Care Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at GolfNow full-time for less than a year

Pros

It’s a Good TEMPORARY first job after college. Decent time off.. Insurance and 401k. Once you learn and get the hang of it it can be easy. Most coworkers are pretty cool and if wasn’t for other desk mates work would suck.

Cons

The company is great at making you feel welcomed and positive about your future with “NBC, here you can”. You quickly realize there is no room for growth at Golfnow or NBC!! ITS A WASTE OF TIME. I can think of 3 Leads that actually treat you with respect and do their actual job the other 3 don’t help at allll. We get angry costumers all the time because the website SUCKS there’s so many glitches and “interface errors” tech errors and NO ONE knows how to fix them. So we are there to get yelled at and be called names by all these people on the phone and the moment they ask for a supervisors these leads force you to get back on the phone and do their job for you. Supervisors do the same thing. The only good thing about a lead is that sometimes they know more than a supervisor. I have no idea on how these supervisors have been there for so long... they know nothing, half Of them don’t even know How to treat their Employees with respect Point is, YOU ARE ALONE. you figure out what BS you feed the costumer and you figure out how to solve issues when you have someone screaming at you. And all of this would be “ok” if we got paid decent..... the pay actually sucks for the amount of work the push us to do and for the company we are supposed to be representing... we don’t get compensated how we should AT ALL. The people you work with are cool but then they start quitting. Everyone is quitting because that place is not worth it. The GM is nice and he tries but NOTHING gets done and they will never be on your side,they do not care for you!!! I don’t know how these people are owners by such a known company like NBC or COMCAST the work and treatment and compensation is just not fair. Also, The schedule person ... will make sure she gives you the schedule opposite of what works for you. Forget having another job (most of us would need one since this one pays crappy) unless you’ve been working there for yearssss you will have to leave a second job and family Behind because this place Doesn’t work with your schedule AT ALL.

Advice to Management

CARE FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES!!! stop Focusing so much on lowering YOUR amount of work and actually start helping when they need help. Get rid of moody, sarcastic, NOT helpful leads, these people are supposed to be there to help and they don’t!! We have to figure everything out on our own .... And again ... CARE FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES. There’s so much money coming in and that’s all they care about. Why not for once listen to the costumers! Management, supervisors and leads really Ruin the place.. it wouldn’t be so bad if they actually ran it correctly. Do something about scheduling and having more one on one time with your Employees and actually LISTEN to what they have to say !

GolfNow2020-01-01

Discover more reviews about GolfNow.