Good Samaritan Society - Staff cares, management does not. | Glassdoor

"Staff cares, management does not."

Current Employee - Certified Medication Aide

I have been working at Good Samaritan Society full-time for more than a year

Pros

The residents and showing God's love through our care and service. The mission statement is what drew me in.

Cons

Not enough time allowed to spend with residents one-on-one. Too many other delegates tasks such cleaning rooms, serving food, washing dishes, laundry, leading activities, Not enough time to do essential duties such as monitoring patients and passing medications. Really Low pay for all we do. no breaks beside 30 mins to eat. Management doesn't care.

Advice to Management

Raise our pay to motivate your staff to stay! Live up to your motto. Have a nurse working on the weekends for crisis situations. Hire your own dishwasher, housekeeper and activities person. Residents get bored. Help us medication aids focus on passing meds in a safe and consistent way without being rushed. Pay is a decent living wage. We know nuch residents pay and deserve to be compensated. It really does affect the...

Good Samaritan Society2017-05-07

Other Employee Reviews

"Great company, doing good work; taking care of people in need"

I have been working at Good Samaritan Society

Pros

Work has great value, opportunity to help seniors. Lots of opportunities to be mobile as company has many sites around country. In MN we have education scholarships to help Kay for secondary education

Cons

Application process is cumbersome, but new talent management system is on its way, which will be a tremendous help. Large company, slow to make decisions sometimes

Good Samaritan Society2016-10-17
    • "Housing"

I worked at Good Samaritan Society full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Working with residents. Loved them but not how other coworkers treated them.

Cons

They do not live out their mission. They use their mission to be not for profit but it's all about profit. They lost sight of Hoeger vision. They preach it but don't practice it. The rude stay while the ones who care get walked on and thrown out.

Advice to Management

Live up to your mission. Treat your employees and residents with respect.

Good Samaritan Society2017-09-24

Discover more reviews about Good Samaritan Society.