Good Technology - Happy but anxious | Glassdoor

"Happy but anxious"

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Technology offers great comp plans. The office is inviting and caters to people being social with one another. The work life balance is awesome and the facilities team helps keep us all engaged with one another.

Cons

The door revolves fast. Recent M&A has people coming and going. This results is high anxiety because the people that know the products and services best are tenured and have the ability to go elsewhere and get compensated for it.

Advice to Management

Move quickly to consolidate our products and services. The company has invented so many technologies that they're forced to either stand their ground against competitors or pivot. The result has engineering and sales scrambling to keep pace.

Other Employee Reviews for Good Technology

"Good but not Great"

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great salary and good benefits.
    Good team to work with. Most people seem competent, not a lot of "fat", very lean on resources, at least in my area.

Cons

Sales driven organization, so very feature driven with little emphasis placed on quality.
    No ability to grow. Everyone mostly brought from without to do whatever they are hired for.
    Constant, fire-fighting mode. Very exhausting. Work harder, not smarter, is encouraged.

Advice to Management

Listen to a technical or lower level voice every once in a while instead of being strictly bottom line driven. At the end of the day, you have to make money but if you can't maintain or support your products because of constant delivery pressure and shortcuts taken you will ultimately fail in the end after your customers are fed up with the poor quality.
    Consider a time horizon longer than a few months.

"Fortunate to have the Opportunity to work at Good!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Products are outstanding, feel very supportive by my new team and colleagues. Department open to new ideas..Leadership during these times are key, my Leader is really good on having a pulse on how the team is doing and takes the appropriate actions to keep us engaged.

Cons

As with any growing company, change is happeing all around us. Resources are tight given current conditions, however, I have experienced Leaders asking teams to communicate and prioritize requests to minimize burn out and ensure delivery of commitments. Very positive sign.

Advice to Management

Continue to make "values based" decisions that is right for the organization. Continue to maintain visibility with your employees. Stay the course.