Good Technology - Good Technology is dead in the water. There is no future for this company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Good Technology

"Good Technology is dead in the water. There is no future for this company"

Former Employee - Senior Strategic Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Senior Strategic Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Good Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lost its product and market leadership steadily over the last 4 years and has been out-flanked, out-tanked and out-ranked by all its competitors.

Cons

Poor pay, massive quotas, insidious culture, insurmountable arrogance and a terrible grip on the realities of the market. What company, when it realizes it is fighting for its life, hires a new CEO ... who has 'never' been a CEO before? Lunacy!

Advice to Management

Leave the ivory tower and meet with customers. Develop a roadmap

Other Employee Reviews for Good Technology

"Fortunate to have the Opportunity to work at Good!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Products are outstanding, feel very supportive by my new team and colleagues. Department open to new ideas..Leadership during these times are key, my Leader is really good on having a pulse on how the team is doing and takes the appropriate actions to keep us engaged.

Cons

As with any growing company, change is happeing all around us. Resources are tight given current conditions, however, I have experienced Leaders asking teams to communicate and prioritize requests to minimize burn out and ensure delivery of commitments. Very positive sign.

Advice to Management

Continue to make "values based" decisions that is right for the organization. Continue to maintain visibility with your employees. Stay the course.

"Dissatisfaction is growing in the technical support organization"

Current Employee - Escalations Engineer (Tier III Technical Support) in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Good Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is good for this area. Flexible hours and the ability to work from home are appreciated. Everyone I work with at my level is reasonable and professional.

Current CEO and former CEO have seemed very credible. Overall, the products we create solve problems in a good way.

Cons

In general , the management team is growing much faster than necessary. We get an email almost every week about a new employee with a title like "Senior Director" along with some abstract reason why the role was necessary.

Regarding the technical support organization, directors are hired, then leave shortly after, or stay and hire someone else to provide direction. I now have several directors, yet am provided no direction.

I don't see any opportunity for advancement at this location.

Advice to Management

Technical support directors:

Solicit and listen to employee feedback. Implement changes to improve processes and morale. Focus on leading (providing direction) and not in details of customer incidents.

Don't react to every customer who gets your email address and tells you his incident is more important that the hundreds of others.

Regarding implementing changes, support is done at many companies and I'm sure methodologies exist that can be adopted here. Why try to develop our own?