Goode Company Restaurants - Satisfied | Glassdoor

"Satisfied"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goode Company Restaurants full-time

Pros

good pay, good benefits, match on your 401K is a huge plus good vacation time. upper management are nice guys as long as your doing your job.

Cons

to many scheduled hours per week, to many six day work weeks, family life suffers in a lot of cases, kind of a micro management atmosphere

Advice to Management

Just because you think it is a good idea doesn't mean it is. Try advertizing all the competition does, word of mouth is great but if they have never heard of us they won't talk about us.

Other Employee Reviews for Goode Company Restaurants

1. "Easy work, decent pay, poor management."

Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Goode Company Restaurants part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are full time the benefits are there, and I believe they are good. If you're part time, you don't get anything,

Cons

They only hire managers from outside the company. Horrible, horrible management. No performance reviews for hourly employees.

Advice to Management

They really need to reevaluate their practices for hiring management. They do not promote from within, they use a recruiter and do not perform background checks on potential managers. Management only care about their sales numbers, and very little for their employees. The management thinks they know everything and most of them act like teenagers. They have no sense of professionalism and if you have a complaint about another employee they tell you to ignore that person. The company would be amazing if it wasn't for the management.

2. "Great place to work as a server!"

Former Employee - Server in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I worked at Goode Company Restaurants full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The money is good, business is consistent. Clientele is good- many regulars ( I am referring to the seafood location on Westpark ) The food is great, consistent. And the kitchen cranks food out very efficiently.

Cons

Seniority and favoritism. As with any workplace - a new person will feel the negatives. It takes time to work your way up the ladder, and the turnover is low- which is actually a good sign. You won't always get the best stations in the restaurant or the best shifts. But having worked in other restaurants, you are still lucky to be employed at this spot!!!