Goodman Manufacturing - Worst company I've ever worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Goodman Manufacturing

"Worst company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-You get paid on time
-Your job is secure (they can't fire anyone because the turnover is so great)
-Most of the people (non-management) you work with are nice and helpful

Cons

-Non-competitive pay, no career advancement, no leadership from senior management
-Not a people centered culture - it's all about getting work out the door and "value engineering" (nickel and diming the products to the point of poor quality.)
-No incenitives for hard workers (no bonus, profit sharing, etc.) so people aren't invested in their work.
-Constant turnover at all levels of organization - only mediocre "talent" remains, and it shows in the work.

Other Employee Reviews for Goodman Manufacturing

"Growth and Possibilities"

Current Employee - Warranty Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Warranty Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to work with other departments and learn their functions and how it affects your duties in the process. Always hire from within before moving to outsource is a plus!

Cons

The only thing that I found as a nuisance is that at times the job functions becomes monotonous if you let it.

Advice to Management

Stand behind your subordinates in time of need.

"The Rich get Richer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Big company, so your job is relatively safe
    -Decent benefits
    -Good diversity
    -Casual Friday

Cons

-No bonuses unless you're upper management
    -Low compensation in comparison to other companies
    -Things are done one way, don't try to change them. You will be frowned upon.
    -They will promise you one thing, and if they give it to you (like they did me because it was the one thing I negotiated when I came on board, and it wasn't my compensation), don't be surprised if it is taken away shortly thereafter (like they did me)
    -They limit your internet time. They call it "quota time". You get (6) 10 minute intervals on the internet on non work related sites each day. Social networking sites, and many others, are completely disallowed.
    -Management will come and go as they please. I would constantly get there at 7, 7:30 or 8 and leave at 5 or later. The managers will get there at 8:30, 9 or later and leave no later than 5 every day.
    -Management will receive additional perks on top of bonuses, such as parking, trips/vacations, offices, unlimited quota time (see above), consistent raises, and promotions. Do not expect to receive any of this.
    -In the years I was there, I never received a bonus or raise, despite working hundreds of hours of overtime.

Advice to Management

Have more respect and appreciation for the non-management employees. Reward hard work and effort instead of assuming working for Goodman is enough of a reward. Instead of giving tens of millions of dollars to a few, already rich, people, divide some of it between the thousands that would appreciate a very small bonus more than you realize.