Goodman Networks - ABSOLUTLY MOST TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Goodman Networks

"ABSOLUTLY MOST TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE"

Former Employee - Technician in Youngstown, OH
Former Employee - Technician in Youngstown, OH

I worked at Goodman Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there are actually no pros to the job other than it is slightly better than public assistance since you can get out of the house for long periods of time

Cons

where to begin--
1 with the exception of about 3 months per year, an employee can expect to make minimum wage or less
2 promises (lies) about incentives (bonus money) are made on a regular basis. however, this money is only available if the market reaches the incentive metric that changes more than most change underwear.
3 in reference to above--management focuses on those metrics to a point where the negative becomes the norm. management constantly tells the technicians to control what they can control--but the incentive metrics are all related to issues that cannot be controlled by the technicians. ex. service calls, management says educate the customer, technician goes over every aspect of education, customer still calls with issue and a service call is created. ex. technician does and outstanding job, customer has a lemon for a receiver, service call is created. incentive is based on service calls, not quality of work.
4 company claimed that the technician is the most important asset. however, technician is directed to lie to customers (or better yet, clean up lies told by Directv) about customer satisfaction scores. all that the company cares about is making numbers look good. ex. question to customer..."on a scale of 1-10,based on your overall Directv experience, how likely are you to recommend Directv to a family member or friend?" multiband does not want the truth, they want technicians to direct the customer to answer 10 based on the job completed that day. and mind you, the call comes within a short period of time after the technician leaves. how could anyone make a rational decision after a short period of time?

Advice to Management

you should all quit or be fired. but since that will not happen, you should take a long hard look at what you doing to the people that work very hard to make you look good. no other company in the world (at least that I am aware of) encourages lying to customers, does not provide an end time to a work day for the money you pay, and thinks that a system of control by how work is assigned is good way to operate. good luck if you continue down this path, because you will be constantly training employees at a rate greater than you every have. the exodus has begun and more and more experienced technicians will be walking out your door if you don't actually make them valuable.

Other Employee Reviews for Goodman Networks

1. "Where is the Pay and Benefits"

Current Employee - Manager in Minnetonka, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Goodman Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom at this company is great. If you want to make a significant difference in the company you can. The structure allows for minimal red tape to make changes.

Cons

Simply put, the pay and benefits aren't great. In 2014 only technicians are getting raises. When I started I was told about my incentive pay, but then I started getting very little benefits from it. The Health Insurance is sub-par, and can be beaten by Obama Care. The dental benefits are basically a coupon, towards high costs of dental care. I understand the technician is the starting point for our revenue, but all the supervisors and support really impact their performance.

Advice to Management

The biggest area is pay. Even though technicians make the revenue, you really have to spread the compensation fairly across all levels. If you have attrition in sups and support, you will have it in techs no matter how much they make. Techs shouldn't make more than sups or above, but it happens all too often. A technician with only 6 months productivity can make a significant amount more than a Tech Sup, Ops Manager, and some regional roles and managers.

"The Managers are Cut Throat and this company does not practice Christian Values."

Former Employee - Few Weeks Shy of A Year in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Few Weeks Shy of A Year in Plano, TX

I worked at Goodman Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard working co-workers, but then again some would stab you in the back just to look good..

Cons

As with another complaint, I worked there for right at a year. The HR team does say ( We are investigating) they can’t give you details of the investigation. Well the investigation about the stealing company time and the favoritism allowing employees to steal time went on for OVER 4 months and nothing was done. When you go to management above HR you will be terminated, they will say that you didn't follow protocol. I believe that Trish is a good and a hard worker, and I believe that her hands are tied by upper management telling her to do the just say what you can to keep the employee quiet. Well sometimes employees who have serious issues cannot sit and wait and be abused.

Advice to Management

LET HR DO THEIR JOB. Quit curtailing HR one day you might have a law suit because of your actions. Don't be too big to realize how the employees have helped the company grow and flourish; the employees should be the HEART of the company. I also agree that Monty, Ron and the other Senior Management need to get out of the Glass LOCKED DOORS up stairs and come down and speak to the departments and ask the employees how things are going without the direct managers in the office.