Goodmortgage.com - Fantastic Management! | Glassdoor

"Fantastic Management!"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Very supportive management team. I think they have a great brand and I know they have a stellar reputation. The job is straightforward and fairly easy to understand. As someone new to the industry, earning a base salary was helpful as I learned the job. This is the first place I've worked where I was more warmly received by management than by my peers. I attribute this to a commission sales environment where high turnover is normal so people are reluctant to get attached to someone who may likely leave. The employees who have been around for a while seem to get along pretty well.

Cons

I was not there long enough to observe a lot of cons. I think they could work on enhancing their vacation policy. As I understand it, when you take accrued vacation, you can in effect lose money because it is based on your base salary versus an average of your commissions over a given period. Beyond that, I think they are an outstanding organization which many larger businesses should seek to emulate.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have a great deal of respect for Michele and Sander. Two truly wonderful people. Keith has built a great company and a great brand.

Other Employee Reviews for Goodmortgage.com

"Great place to work/Very comfortable working environment"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

State of the art technology, constantly on the cutting edge of the mortgage industry, a CEO and managment team who care, top notch Processing Manager who gets the job done, unlimited leads, game room, workout facility, showers, lockers, ongoing training regarding industry changes, employee recognition, and many more.

Cons

Like any other mortgage lender, the hours you put in can be a little long.

Advice to Management

Keep up the continued support of your employees. It's very important they continue to know you care!

"For the mortgage professinoal with a strong work ethic, there is not a better place to work than Goodmortgage.com."

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Great leads (practically unlimited) that have high conversion rates relative to the rest of the industry. Ongoing training in real time as the industry changes. Licensing support system that allows you to be reimbursed for state licensing charges. A collaborative environment with access to several senior loan officers and managers that each have several years of experience in the industry. A system in place that allows you to close loans in as little as 2 weeks, even in this increasingly regulated environment. Managers that work hard for you so that you can continue selling while they fight the inevitable fires.

Cons

There is a need for marketing diversification. However, this is being addressed as I write this by bringing several new lead sources online that have proven in beta testing to have much higher conversion rates than existing lead sources.

Advice to Management

Continue looking for ways to increase the employees' satisfaction and compensation through contests, bonuses, and performance incentives. This has worked well for you in the past, so a focus on this going forward will help keep quality people in place.