Goodrich Quality Theaters - I could not ask for or find a better company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Goodrich Quality Theaters

"I could not ask for or find a better company to work for."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

Goodrich Theaters not only personally cares about its customers and presentation but also for its employees. They take care of you, get to know you. Theres always oppurtunities for advancement and above all else they Respect their employees and customers. Its hard to find companies who still run on morals and arent just out for making a quick buck. They are constantly lookin for ways to improve and cater to our customers.

Cons

Only downside isnt against Goodrich but rather the fact of movie theaters. Working nights, weekends and Holidays can be difficult to raise a family and have a social life.

Advice to Management

None. Thanks for being the best company to work for!!

Other Employee Reviews for Goodrich Quality Theaters

1. "Best High School Job ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, IN

I have been working at Goodrich Quality Theaters (More than a year)

Pros

Got to work with fun people, received a fee movie a week, saw a bunch of different people from the community.

Cons

not a job you're looking for if you want to make a ton of money.

2. "Kalamazoo 10 Cashier Review"

Former Employee - Cashier in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters part-time

Pros

This is a very good first job. It's extremely easy to get a job here, and it's a fantastic way to meet new people. After a month of employment, you get a free movie, drink, and popcorn pass every week. You can also get free popcorn and drinks during your shift as long as you don't eat or drink in front of the customers. The work itself can be kind of fun at times, and the management is pretty good about giving you time off if you ask for it. You have three days of training, but everyone was good about helping you out and answering questions if you still needed help.

Cons

If you're a minor, you don't even get minimum wage (you get 80% of it). I had some fantastic managers, but I also had some of the worst ones. They were extremely strict about looking crazy busy at all times, even if everything was stocked and there was nothing left to do. They out too much emphasis on speed over the wellbeing of their workers and would get angry about the littlest things. For examples, I was yelled at by a manager for opening a new roll of pennies when I had three pennies in my container instead of two pennies. I Also, if you REALLY need hours, they are very quick to send people home when things get slow, which was very often.

Advice to Management

To the managers that were less understanding, please stop yelling at your workers over the smallest things or for not being fast enough if they are doing their best. The stand can get VERY hectic during a set, and yelling at everyone excessively just makes things worse and makes everyone look bad. I had many customers comment on my managers' behavior, so it was evident that they were a bit too intense.