Goodrich - Interns actually mean things! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Goodrich

"Interns actually mean things!"

Current Intern - Intern in Chula Vista, CA
Current Intern - Intern in Chula Vista, CA

I have been working at Goodrich as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The intern program here was excellent, I actually felt like I was doing something beneficial to the company as a whole and I really felt my opinion mattered.

Cons

They tended to favor students with engineering backgrounds, which I unfortunately lacked.

Advice to Management

Keep the intern program going, even with the buy out and UTAS, I think it's a worthwhile program and really helped peak my interest in your company.

Other Employee Reviews for Goodrich

1. "Great place to work, however, the Ithaca New York facility is closing in November of 2012."

Current Employee - Mechanical Technician II in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Mechanical Technician II in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Goodrich full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company gives each person a chance to grow and learn if they want to.

Cons

I felt the pay was on the low side for what we did.

Advice to Management

The assembly department would have ran more efficiently if the supervisor running the department knew the process.

"Sexist and old-school"

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Danbury, CT

I worked at Goodrich full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

"unlimited" personal & sick days - company policy to "assume the best." There are very intelligent, hardworking people here, but not all are like that. Things can get hectic, but there is a very healthy work-life balance.

Cons

"Boys Club" mentality - if you don't suck up to management and play along with their games, they will make your life miserable and eventually try to push you out. Goodrich is very sexist - women are not paid nearly what the men are paid. Most of the men in my department were pigs and treated women like they were nothing but pieces of meat - checking them out, looking them up and down, making crude comments to each other, etc. The only way to get promoted is to buddy up with people who are deemed "important." The workloads were also unfairly distributed. People would just outright not do their work, and management would do nothing about it. The work was just given to people who actually worked hard and would do their job - and these are the same people that were underpaid and not recognized for their hard work. Very unethical & illegal things would go on and were repeatedly reported to HR, but nothing was ever done. Many employees were actively looking for a job, and I don't blame them - I got out as soon as I could! Since Goodrich was just acquired by UTC, everything is up in the air.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the current leadership team - NEVER promote people from within to management positions! Reward the hard workers, not people who slack off and go out golfing and drinking with the managers every other day. HR - LISTEN to your employees complaints/concerns - they are very real and makes coming into work very difficult when nothing is done.