Goodwill - Production worker | Glassdoor

"Production worker"

Current Employee - Production in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Production in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Goodwill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's an honest living, with some decent benefits if you can make it to that point.

Cons

Horrible working conditions, aside from the pet dandur, fleas, rat feces, and very heavy dust, you have unreasonable working conditions. If the person sending the totes is mad at you or does not like you then you will never meet your quota. Not enough proper functioning equipment to get the job done, like pricing guns. God forbid you ask for personal protective equipment, they get mad at you for that. They scream at you in front of all your co-workers and think nothing of it (workplace bullying). The employees that have been here for years treat new people very poorly and no one does anything about that. Overall, not worth the extreme stress for a job that pays only minimum wage. The supervisors are a joke. They are the bullyies and do nothing but intimidate people. It's almost comical how they do it, they have nothing better to do? Someone with higher authority or a company spy should go in and experience what its like. Maybe something would get done. Find a different job!

Advice to Management

Stop bullying. Stop violating simple OSHA rules. Do something productive for the company instead of emotionally beating up employees who don't deserve it. Give people a chance even if you are miserable in your own life.

Other Employee Reviews for Goodwill

"Good concept, I'm grateful for employment opportunity."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Goodwill part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good entry-level retail job.
    Opportunities for advancement or other positions.
    Get to meet different people
    Work experience.

I just started with the company. I'm grateful to be employed and optimistic about moving up or changing to a better position within the year. I have retail management experience and look forward to utilizing my skills and experience.

Cons

Policies are enforced differently at different stores.
    Need to be more organized. Workflow, Management, Expectations, Safety.
    Extremely physical and labor intensive work.
    Sales and production goals are high to reach. (Especially when you have no donations to process)
    Low starting pay.

Advice to Management

All the stores need to enforce all the policies and procedures in the same manner.
    All stores should be supported equally.

"It's a great first job"

Current Employee - Floor Associate/Cashier in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Floor Associate/Cashier in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Goodwill part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Goodwill's Mission is great.
    Hire variety of different people.
    Good supported employment, job training, and ticket to work programs.

Cons

*Some managers(at my particular store) don't seem like they know what they are doing.
    *Not all managers enforce policies yet they ask cashiers to defend policies when explaining to customers.
    *Some drama between coworkers isn't always handled correctly, if handled at all.
    *My store has 6 different managers and some times 2 or 3 managers give you different projects to work on and want you to disregard what another manager said without communicating it with them first.
    *There is a lot of focus on meeting goals, whic is understandable but sometimes goals are set too high.

Advice to Management

Some managers need better training.