Goodwill - I love working for goodwill | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Goodwill

"I love working for goodwill"

Current Employee - Donation Attendant in Burlingame, CA
Current Employee - Donation Attendant in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at Goodwill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the different location and interacting with different types of people.

Cons

None that i see of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work,you are excellent.

Other Employee Reviews for Goodwill

"ILL-will is more like it!! This is the modern-day version of the poor-house."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Goodwill full-time

Pros

When I was there, before the rules against talking to anyone had been installed, there was a good relationship with a lot of the regular customers and co-workers, a nice little community vibe, as long as you werent on shift with one of the managers-from-hell.....and if you are a thrift-lover, dealing with that kind of merchandise can be a lot of fun. Your shifts were regular shifts, not all over the place.You had 40 hours, period. Not great if you want only part-time, but at least you knew where you stood.

Cons

Oh, where oh where do I start. Im a hard worker, and no dainty flower, but jeez, this place WORKED YOU TO DEATH. I had actual injuries from the amount of slave-driving, and I've worked a lot of very physical jobs.There was an insane obseesion with "sweet-hearting"(giving "special" prices to your pals or family, or ethnic group-upper management openly discriminatory to hispanics, btw)and "stashing"(putting away something you liked for yourself in a less conspicuous place for later), a ton of rules, too many to even name here, to pre-punish employees for everything from not having enough back-breaking work cranked oput of you per-minute to where you were allowed to sit at lunch in case you were trying to steal from thier incoming donations....thats the tip of the iceberg...they were successfully sued for sexual harrassment the year I was there...(it was in uppper management, no less)...trust me, this is the like something from cool-hand luke and in NO WAY is there to help the disadvantaged or differently-abled amongst us, as one of the more hones mangers pointed out this job would KILL an actual disabled person in less than a week. I cant comment on how this store operates in other locations, with different regional management, but I find it hard to imagine there isnt much of the same problems to some extent everwhere. Goodwill exploits, not enables. I havent mentioned all the many things that were wrong with this place, but frankly, its too upsetting to revisit in full detail! oh, did i mention that it is minimun wage? in 2008/2009, i was sweating my GUTS out for the princely sum of 6.25 before deductions.

Advice to Management

see above.

2. "Great job!"

Current Employee - Community Engagement Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Community Engagement Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Goodwill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, culture, a really caring environment.

Cons

Nonprofit salaries in general are low.