Goodwill - A wonderful, caring environment for staff and clients. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Goodwill

"A wonderful, caring environment for staff and clients."

Current Employee - Employment Counselor in Johnstown, PA
Current Employee - Employment Counselor in Johnstown, PA

I have been working at Goodwill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been mentored by older staff members and offered additional opportunities to gain knowledge and experience. Working with clients to help them take steps to independence is very rewarding.

Cons

We're a bit chronically understaffed and overworked. We never turn away clients in need, but it's hard for us to hire new people it seems.

Other Employee Reviews for Goodwill

"Sorry I worked there"

Current Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Goodwill part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make friends with fellow employees

Cons

Poor management communication amongst in-store management team, poor working conditions (smell, temperature, etc), very disfunctional, requested that we plead for donations, poor pay for work, employ us far from homes, strict rules for us to follow, but yet management didn't, high theft, variable hours per week (not consistamt as promised). Still don't understand where all the 90% of sales and 100% of donations goes. They say back into the community, but where exactly, no one could ever state facts.

Advice to Management

Do as you preach! Have better management communication amongst themselves (not one ,manager say one thing and another say something opposite, its called teamwork where all work together for one goal not the front vs the back. If customers want to donate then give them the chance without casshoers begging for every penny, nickel, dime, quarter and dollar. Customers can be rude and mean with this issue. Place signage showing where the money goes, good communication with your customers!

"An experience."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Warren, OH

I worked at Goodwill full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was a high turnover rate, that allowed me to advance quickly. That being said, the rate of the turnover was for reasons.

Cons

Dealing with the Store Manager.

Advice to Management

Customer Service should be me important, the management that makes money could make more with happy employees that are confident and trained properly.