Goodwill - Not a good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Goodwill

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Associate in Willowbrook, IL
Former Employee - Associate in Willowbrook, IL

Pros

The people who worked there were very nice. Pay was acceptable.

Cons

I worked at the Willowbrook, IL, Goodwill store from when it opened last fall until recently.It was not a good job.

The managers seemed inexperienced. They criticized and embarassed people in fron of other workers. This is especially true of the general manager.There was little communication between the managers and sometimes it felt that we had 5 different managers with 5 different ideas on what we should do and how we should do it. There was no clear understanding of how we should do our job. There was a lot of pressure to make production goals that stressed people and caused low morale.

I wish this review could be better but it is what it is. Goodwill does good stuff for the community. I was disappointed that they don't treat their workers better.

Advice to Management

Communicate.

Other Employee Reviews for Goodwill

"It was not what they advertised that they are."

Former Employee - Lead Associate Manager in Saint Robert, MO
    Former Employee - Lead Associate Manager in Saint Robert, MO

Pros

There are none. They lie and change the rules to suit their own needs when they feel like it. The upper management distric level are NOT well trained. I have worked for better companies.

Cons

Unless you are at a corporate level you are worked like a dog. At the store level its every holiday, no time with your family. And if you take time with your family YOU ARE PENLIZED!!

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your workers are saying. DONT just believe ONE person. When its a one man parade you should be looking at the one man. There are 3 sides to EVERY story and when someone is complaining DONT Make them feel like they are wrong for voicing thier opinion.

"It is a great place for people with disabilities"

Current Employee - Clerk in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Clerk in Louisville, KY

Pros

The support that is given to individuals with disabilities is great. The staff works together to make a positive experience for those walking through the door

Cons

The communication level from the higher ups is lacking. The amount of negative staff trying to cause problems for others who just want to serve the customers is aweful

Advice to Management

Open the communication level to all staff. There seems to be secrets and side meetings and favoritism happening in the area. I would like better support from staff