Goodwin Procter - Satisfied - good first job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Goodwin Procter

"Satisfied - good first job"

I have been working at Goodwin Procter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started at Goodwin Procter in an entry-level position. I received great training and have gained useful knowledge. Comparable positions at other firms often end up being full of mundane paper pushing, but I've definitely received substantive work and responsibilities at Goodwin.

Good culture. The people here are great. Partners and associates do not look down on support staff.

Cons

Poor work life balance, as with most big law firms. Management has limited ability to help maintain reasonable workload for employees. First year associates seem to have poor/no training.

Advice to Management

Train associates better. The consequences of having poorly trained associates trickles down to support staff, making our jobs much more difficult.

Other Employee Reviews for Goodwin Procter

"Decent place to work"

Pros

Good benefits, upper management makes an effort to get honest feedback, great people (for the most part)

Cons

No work/life balance; the people take themselves very seriously; do not treat the admins and paralegals well.

"Not for the faint of heart"

Pros

It's a job - if you can't find anything else, and if you like to work hard. Free pizza/candy on alternating Fridays.

Cons

Cold, unfriendly environment. H/R goes through the motions, but doesn't seriously consider hiring or promoting from within. Management doesn't listen to concerns. Over-worked with no form of recognition.

Advice to Management

The workshops are a waste of time. They might make you feel good, but can't say the same for myself. At least you're (seemingly) making an effort.